My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My JD L110 gave me 18 years, and i really wasn't very nice to it sometimes. This has some big shoes to fill. Anyway, really nice. The intellipower is going to get a workout as the JD has been down about a month and this is rainy season.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Congratulations, it looks great! Let us know how it performs. Based on how much our grass has grown in the last week, if your weather is anything like ours here in MA, you may have quite a task ahead of you!

The Intellipower is fuel injection, right? That would be an interesting thing to use, my stuff is all carbureted.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations, it looks great! Let us know how it performs. Based on how much our grass has grown in the last week, if your weather is anything like ours here in MA, you may have quite a task ahead of you!

The Intellipower is fuel injection, right? That would be an interesting thing to use, my stuff is all carbureted.
I think so, there is also a chip in it. The old John Deere would bog down when it got like this or not as high, there are some weeds that are tall as the hood. The JD would start to stall and I would disengage back up and take a much narrower swipe. This ittipower starts to fad and then it kick right back up and powers through. The turn radius is amazing as well. so far very happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GETTING MY NEW XT1 42 DELIVERED TOMORROW WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMMEND FOR A BAGGER. I HEAR CONFLICTING OPINIONS ABOUT BAGGER QUALITY.

·
Registered
192 Posts
GETTING MY NEW XT1 42 DELIVERED TOMORROW WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS RECOMMEND FOR A BAGGER. I HEAR CONFLICTING OPINIONS ABOUT BAGGER QUALITY.
I would recommend mulching. Better for your soil.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor, and welcome to the forum!

I can't offer bagger suggestions, sorry. Are there multiple options? Or is more of a this-one-or-nothing situation?

Just mulching has worked nicely for me. I had a bagger for my last tractor, and hardly ever used it. Mulched 98% of the time, occasionally bagging for heavy cleanup. It takes care of my leaves in the fall, which is great.

I don't have a bagger for this one, which is admittedly a bummer sometimes. I have to use the push mower for that. But for my needs, I can't remotely justify the ~$1k (I think) for the bagger setup for mine :) I bought Cub's mulching kit (baffles for underneath, outlet cover, and blades), which has been good so far. I just bought some Gator blades, for hopefully better mulching, which I'll install soon.

Reactions: factoryguy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts