My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple acres, large garden, love to tinker, but my garden tractor is having issues.

bought it from a guy who was mowing with the blades on upside down. fixed that, replaced the belt that was stuck under the pulley, and the tires full of goatsheads. But am at a loss about the display on dash.

has 85.6 hours on it, I did oil change and the oil light went off until I started it up again. do I check oil with engine running?

there is also a computer display which has a tall dark rectangle within it are two light triangles whose points meet. This is flashing, despite disconnecting the battery.

live in small town, so local repair shops have not dealt with enough of these units to help. I need to mow two fields--today would have been nice!

anyone have a fix?

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
The oil light is on when it's running? Or just when you turn the key on?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have a couple acres, large garden, love to tinker, but my garden tractor is having issues.

bought it from a guy who was mowing with the blades on upside down. fixed that, replaced the belt that was stuck under the pulley, and the tires full of goatsheads. But am at a loss about the display on dash.

has 85.6 hours on it, I did oil change and the oil light went off until I started it up again. do I check oil with engine running?

there is also a computer display which has a tall dark rectangle within it are two light triangles whose points meet. This is flashing, despite disconnecting the battery.

live in small town, so local repair shops have not dealt with enough of these units to help. I need to mow two fields--today would have been nice!

anyone have a fix?
That's most likely a "oil change reminder" lite that comes on/stays on for mebbe a cuppla running hours and then goes out on it's own.
M/W, lift up the tilting seat, look for a plate decal in the cavity below giving the machine's full model number. Go to the MTD website, find a link to their online manual download page. Use that model number to get the manuals for your tractor - more info should be there.

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
The double triangles next to the hours just means the hour meter is working. Its really an hourglass. oil will not shoot out of the dip stick holder when its running , but you will not get a correct reading. Check it after it cools off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts