My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The deck is supposed to have "6 levels/increments of height". I have noticed that when sitting in my garage that I can'y go below "3". The deck is on the concrete and will not go down any further. Is this correct? My logic is that even if in the lawn that if I push it to 2 the deck will be digging into the ground.

I guess my thinking is that when sitting in my garage the deck should be hitting the ground at 1 and not 3. Does anyone else notice this?

Shane

·
Registered
964 Posts
That should not be the case. Mine hits the ground between 2 and 1. Unfortunately I don't know how to adjust that. I'm getting ready to do the 150 hour service on my tractor today, so I'll poke around and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Shane it was the same with my 2544. I couldn't get lower than around 3 w/out the gauge wheels touching the ground. You can get it lower if you raise the wheels. It was a non-issue for me because I don't cut the grass real short and like to have the deck hang up in the air anyway. You don't want these decks to ride the ground when mowing. You'll beat everything up. My Z-Force isn't much different. I've got all these foot pedal adjustments, but only about half are usable unless you want to take the deck wheels off and let it plow the ground.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Read the operators manual. My i1050 has specific instruction on how to adjust the boggy wheels and the front hanger for my preferred cutting height. I had to make these adjustments after taking delivery as the mechanic at the dealership had no idea as to what my conditions and preferences would be.

It took about 10 minutes and the only tools required were a tape measure and basic wrenches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts