My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi here's my first post! Just moved to Southern Pa, from NC. Loving the weather here, compared to NC. Anyway, I need to ask a question about my nex X320 John Deere mower....

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Glad to have you! :fest30: Would like to see some pictures of your Tractor, because :wwp: Click on the Pink Panther for great picture help from Ken-N-TX! You should be able to post all your question in the JD Forum very shortly!

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Corey,

Welcome aboard! Honestly there are times I'd rather be in Nags Head... Except when the Hurricanes tear through :)

We are hear to listen and help!

·
Registered
538 Posts
:MTF_wel:

·
Super Moderator
35,860 Posts
Correy, welcome to the forum and we are a graphically oriented bunch so pictures of the tractor and accessories are always welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Welcome aboard coreybee. I am sure you will find all the answers you ever wanted and more around these parts. Glad you could join us.:Welcome:

·
Super Moderator
17,130 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :MTF_wel:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:Welcome1: and ask away. slkpk

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,974 Posts
Ooooh, Coreybee! The suspense is killing me (and my wife!). :) What's your question?!? Not that I can answer it, probably, but you just go right ahead and ask! Posting it in the JD forum would be good, but everybody around here is pretty forgiving of newbies!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhhkaaayyyyy Thanks for all the Welcome's..... First the picture... well I haven't figured that out yet... so, it's green and yellow, ya know the usual... says "John Deere X320" on the side with a 48" deck. I bought it for moi. I've only cut the grass, oh 4 times since I've been here... I took the deck off yesterday (PITA) to clean it out. There's a ditch that runs the back end of my property so must've gotten some wet grass under there. It was smelling like a compost pile in my garage so it had to come off... Ok... fast forward to after I cleaned out the deck, which was not pretty. I can't get the **** thing back on. I followed the removal instructions to a T. It seems the deck lifing pedal is stuck, so I can't get the arms to lower to attach back onto the deck. I drove to the dealer today (sans mower since I can't fit it in my cute little car)...hoping they could give me some instruction on one of the floor models... but alas they were closed.

So somebody tell me how to post a pic, and I'll see if I can show ya'll what I'm talking about.

·
6,553 Posts
Corey,

The lift arms have a tendency to get stuck when they are all the way up. What you need to do (and you need to be VERY CAREFUL when you do this!) is to hit the lever to lower the arms and pull down on the arms. You really need to fanagle around to do this, so a second person would actually be a good thing. You need to be mindful of where your hands are so you don't get them caught, pinched, smashed etc..

I have to do this each time I take my deck off.

To post a photo you can attach it to a post (pain in the rear in my opinion) or you can create a free account at www.photobucket.com then upload your photos to photobucket. Once they are uploaded you can click on the IMG link at photo bucket which automatically copies the link and the proper IMG tags for this forum. Then you simply come here to the forum and hit CTRL + V to paste the link.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Check out post #2 and click on the Pink Panther! :banghead3

·
6,553 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sigh... I was afraid you would say having someone help is easier... gotta wait till monday for the roommate to return.

Thank You for the directions :) I will let ya'll know how it goes... or the grass will just get taller!!

·
6,553 Posts
Corey,

It can be done by yourself if you can reach the lowering lever and the draft arm (the arms that lower and raise the deck) but as I said, you have to be extremely careful I don't want to see anyone get hurt, and that's why a second person may not be a bad idea. I can manage it by myself but my deck height lever is easy to reach as it hangs off the side of the dash a good ways, so I reach under with one arm (noting where my hand is) and then slowly move the lever to the lower position while I pull down on the draft arm. As soon as it starts to move, I stop, get my hand out of there and lower it the rest of the way using the lever.

I think it just binds a little at the top of travel, because the hydraulic cylinder is perpendicular to the ground, and without any weight on the arms it just gets stuck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts