1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
It says something that you're replacing your lipstick on a pig with a machine 30 years its senior!

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says something that you're replacing your lipstick on a pig with a machine 30 years its senior!
Well I'm old school. I would have had something like this instead of my cub, but, I needed something quick and really didn't have time to do alot of searching, **** I live outside richmond and had to go all the way to blacksburg,va. to get the cub brand new cause all the other lowes where sold out, Its been a good mower though, just wasn't made to tow heavy things, I have over 300 hours on the 24 horse briggs while most other folks only get about 60 max..lol funny thing is since brand new Its had two speeds wide open or stopped. Only thing I have done to it I did have to remove the engine and replace the case halve gasket other than that, its been a good mower, but thats all it is a mower.

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
An MTD is an MTD no matter the label, you've made one **** of an upgrade!

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

came with a 40 inch mower ,and a 48 inch snow blade and a 48 inch hydraulic tiller.

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
VERY NICE!
You did very well!
Someone obviously put a lot of time into the paint job and it shows!

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forgot to add it was a 344 mile round trip to go pick her up and bring home..lol It was also the maiden voyage of the 1996 k2500 I had picked up and did alot of work to get back to running and driving condition after it sat with a blown engine since 2008 ..Lets give her a big pat on the back for a job very well done yesterday.

just before she was back on the road.

·
Premium Member
9,785 Posts
Nice tractor! The truck's not too bad either. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You just bought a 35 year old tractor that you will hand down to your grand children. Great find and a really good price I might add.

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyway I could install a 16 HP kohler in place of the 10 hp unit?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yes you could certainly do that but there is no need to do so. That K241 you have in there will do the job very nicely. Plenty of power.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Sweet, nice score, and that machine can do 10 times what that Cub can do. :thThumbsU

One obsevation is the decals are wrong they can be ordered through Maple Hunter, and should look like this.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and it's a great looking setup. slkpk

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
That 10hp will do a lot of work, as was said, no real reason to put a 16 in there.

Looks great, nice truck too. :thThumbsU

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did alot of work with it yesterday, Under a hard load it seems to struggle a bit. I have almost stalled it a couple of times...it doesn't smoke, and doesn't seem to use any oil, I used it almost all day yesterday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts