My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,I have a craftsman 42 in rider model 917 256531 with a b&s 15.5 hp model 287707-1036-e1. My problem is I need a new carb, and as usual, Sears direct has no part number for that.or does anyone else.Can anyone give me some input on this Thanks!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello guys,I have a craftsman 42 in rider model 917 256531 with a b&s 15.5 hp model 287707-1036-e1. My problem is I need a new carb, and as usual, Sears direct has no part number for that.or does anyone else.Can anyone give me some input on this Thanks!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just do a search for a carb with your B&S model #. Should find one on Ebay, Amazon or other places. Just got one for my 18.5 B&S on Ebay for $25 with free shipping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Hoosier Daddy
897 Posts
I've purchased these eBay carbs for $12 shipped, and they work just fine:

I started using them as an experiment, as my issues usually stemmed from bad needles and seat, bowl gaskets, fuel solenoids, etc.
Since these whole carbs cost less than the parts to fix the old ones, I thought I'd give it a shot, and they've worked out well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've purchased these eBay carbs for $12 shipped, and they work just fine:

I started using them as an experiment, as my issues usually stemmed from bad needles and seat, bowl gaskets, fuel solenoids, etc.
Since these whole carbs cost less than the parts to fix the old ones, I thought I'd give it a shot, and they've worked out well.
I agree. The last carb I did was so nasty I would have spent more on carb cleaner and a rebulid kit then I did on the new carb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts