My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a nice old heavy duty set of ramps for $40. There are a couple of options. The ramps can be removed once the car is up, so crawling under the sides is easier, and the removable plates allow the front wheels to be turned. I was window shopping through the FB Marketplace when I saw them. They had only been posted a few hours earlier. The seller wrote that I was first, but should get there early this morning, as he had received a lot of interest. Sure enough, he scrolled down 5 pages worth of inquiries on his iPhone to show me this morning. I'll just have to remember to reinstall the ramps before backing the car down off them. :)
DSC02042.JPG
DSC02042.JPG

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,907 Posts
Wow! Nice set of ramps. I like the removable ramp option.

·
2,869 Posts
I never saw the removable part option...gives you a lot more room to get under the vehicle for oil changes and stuff..and that pivot feature seams awful useful too.good luck with them....maybe tie a string around a finger to remind you to put the ramp part back

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..Or a cow bell around my neck. :) I've never seen ramps where the ramp can be removed from the platform either. I was lucky to catch the FB ad early on. I'm usually days, or weeks late when anything comes up like this.

·
Treefarm
61 Posts
Nice ramps. The purpose of the rotating part is for car alignments. The ramps come off so we could climb under and turn the tie rod ends easier to adjust toe and caster. That is a steal. They are pricey new.

·
We're all friends here
13,842 Posts
Ya' done good, Dave. A steal! (y)

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys. No wonder they generated so much interest. The pads did remind me of regular alignment racks, but I didn't know that these were actually used for them.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Being able to turn the wheels left and right can also make it easier to grease the balls joints on the spindles (if you happen to have them). My truck has them, and it's a hassle to drive up the ramps, then also jack up the front wheels & put it on jackstands so the wheels can be turned left & right to grease them...

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,046 Posts
Interesting. I got the near exact same set-up out of a clean-out I did in Centereach this spring, Dave. The only difference was the swivel portions weren't there. Not that I knew that then. Stout, well-made..........they sold at my barn sale. Nice score, bud.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, Ellis. I'll bet that yours sold quickly. They are well made, like everything else was at the time. I won't have any second thoughts about sliding under the cars, or truck with them. The jack stands were great for the all of work I did under the SL, needing the subframes in the air, but now I can just drive up the ramps for oil changes, or other minor things.

·
16,286 Posts
Like those ramps a lot-Dave--you scored well! Again--I'm an old car guy and never seen a set like that.
Enjoy!

glenn

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Nice ramps Dave, they look like they're in nice shape too. Any idea on year of vintage? I don't think I've seen the removable ramp portion, that is a really slick feature. It is a pain crawling around underneath a car or on a creeper and having those ramps get in the way which they do quite a lot, especially when you're getting underneath or exiting. To buy a replication of something new like that today would be easily be triple that or more I would imagine. Nice find!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts