My Tractor Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
When we moved to our acreage we purchased a Craftsman 23 HP tractor just to cut the grass. It was wwwwaaaayyyy overgrown and it is still really rough to drive over. The 23 HP was nice in that with a 48" deck it would cut and not slow down much. But it broke every time we used it. Not a fault of the tractor just where and how it was used (abused). I found the parts were more expensive than the ones we needed for the 420's which did not break very often and with only 20 HP and a much larger 60" deck the Deere's are much more suited to the task. Would have used them from the beginning but didn't own a deck. The C'man did the trick but I am definitely happier now that we have the 420's to use.
I would strongly agree that with the winters you get out there (from a displaced Manitoban) that the X series will be much more suited to what you will need but the 130 should get 'er done 'till you can find another good deal on a bigger / stronger / ??????? unit. Still don't think I would put a blower on it as that may be asking little too much of it. For the amount of snow you guys typically get, a 30' driveway - ok. 300' - I don't think so.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Guess I shoulda read the the whole post first.
NICE!!!!! I am surely jealous.

LOL no worries. The x300 definitely did the job of throwing snow unless I ventured into the deep stuff (which is why I want the 2305's 4wd).

I'm currently undertaking some landscaping that is putting the FEL through its paces which I'd never be able to do with the x300.

And the 3pt rototiller will definitely make tilling our 5 gardens easier come spring.

Don't worry stladrill, i'll get my wife to snap some pictures next time I have my Deere out.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.