My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,753 Posts
:Welcome1: You are learning as you go. You are only asking 3-5 years which you may get:praying It's the snow blowing part that scares me a little.

Yeah we all love having:Stladrill here to help us and find out about new things we didn't know. and his english is fine for us too !!

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
:Welcome1: You are learning as you go. You are only asking 3-5 years which you may get:praying It's the snow blowing part that scares me a little.

Yeah we all love having:Stladrill here to help us and find out about new things we didn't know. and his english is fine for us too !!
:thanku: KATT :fing32:

:ditto:for the snow blowing.

·
Making do with less
392 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Luc,

Here is the part # you asked for: AM127304

You'll need four of them. You can find them here: http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt?search=catalog&catalog_no=9519&grid_no=A16&section_no=20&page_no=2

Look under "Wheels, Frame and operators station" then "Front wheels and tires". Item #7.

This is what I used in 2007. I don't believe there has been any changes in this regard, so you should be good to go.

-John
Thanks Mower Dude!

I won't be able to do these right away, but it'll be a good project for early spring, when I can afford the down time on the tractor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've got some good news!

I took your advise and kept looking for a better suited tractor and today I picked up a 2 year old JD X300 complete with 2-stage snowblower! Also came with the 17P trailer.

It seems to be in pretty good shape and only has 42 hours on the meter. It has a 42" mulching deck which is smaller than the 48" that the LA130 has but if the tractor lasts longer I think it'll be worth it.

Now all I need to do is sell my LA130...

·
Making do with less
392 Posts
... JD X300 complete with 2-stage snowblower!
Now yer talkin'!

Nice setup, it will make a world of difference in the long run. Just look at the tie rods. Notice the X300 are adjustable, not the on the LA130. Not to be mean, but the tranny on the X300 is the same as the LA130. It's sort of a 'bridge' model, a step up every other way, but the tranny does not change until you go higher in the X300 series. Some say it's a more beefed up version of the K46 (hardend gears and stuff), they might be right, I'm certainly not able to confirm that (don't have an X300 lying around). Perhaps others with more knowledge can confirm that (stladrill??)

But anyway, your on the right track.

Congrats!:fing32:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Congratulations! I think that machine will work out much better for you given what you need to do.

Good luck selling the LA130, it seems to be in great shape.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well, It's been a year now... and my x300 has been good to me. That little thing is a champ. But, as most people on this forum mentioned, my property needs would soon out grow the little 300 that could's capabilities - they were right.

Introducing my newest (used) purchase:

JD 2305 :trink39:

With 62" deck

Box Blade

Tiller

And Snowblower

She's got just under 300 hrs on the meter, and is in great shape. All the implements are in great mechanical order and the Box blade has never been used. Found the whole lot for sale on Kijiji.

:thanku:
Thanks to all for the continued great advise!

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Very nice setup and enjoy it. Drain some fuel out your fuel tank to get out the moisture and any debris, change your fuel filter and get some FPPF or Power Service into your fuel before winter set's in and your good to go. I would also change out all of the other fluids as well to give yourself a baseline. Enjoy it. slkpk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi joedude,
Wow an la130 to a 2305, now that's an upgrade:thThumbsU
Todd

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yup....It was bound to happen, just like it always does with campers and tractors.
Congratulations...Great stuff!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
What is this, a north of the border thread only.

Dick
mktobob - Location: MN....Southern
8086bruce - Location: Bemidji,MN
TMD01 - Location: South Central Massachusetts
slkpk - Location: Pekin IL.
kentucky wildcat - Location: kentucky

Not sure what makes this a "North of the border thread only".

Anywhoooo, back to the important topic;

I had the 2305 out all day today. Did some tilling, and moved a bunch of earth. She runs like a top, has plenty of power and is surprisingly manoeuvrable.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.