My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
When we moved to our acreage we purchased a Craftsman 23 HP tractor just to cut the grass. It was wwwwaaaayyyy overgrown and it is still really rough to drive over. The 23 HP was nice in that with a 48" deck it would cut and not slow down much. But it broke every time we used it. Not a fault of the tractor just where and how it was used (abused). I found the parts were more expensive than the ones we needed for the 420's which did not break very often and with only 20 HP and a much larger 60" deck the Deere's are much more suited to the task. Would have used them from the beginning but didn't own a deck. The C'man did the trick but I am definitely happier now that we have the 420's to use.
I would strongly agree that with the winters you get out there (from a displaced Manitoban) that the X series will be much more suited to what you will need but the 130 should get 'er done 'till you can find another good deal on a bigger / stronger / ??????? unit. Still don't think I would put a blower on it as that may be asking little too much of it. For the amount of snow you guys typically get, a 30' driveway - ok. 300' - I don't think so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.