My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Loving it. The deck was supposed to be a fine cut and they installed a rough cut. So they took the rough cut back and will deliver fine cut later this week.

Already turned the compost pile. This thing is MEAN!

Ok, so i'm a HALF inch shy of fitting it in my 12x18 shed at the rops. I'm going to cut out the half inch off the header this week and build a loader dolly as well. If necessary, i'll sister a beam onto the header for additional support. Anyone have good pics or specs on building a la243 loader dolly? With any luck i should be able to keep both loader and tractor in the shed !!!

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,072 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking tractor. Here is a shot of my loader dolly and the casters. It would easily accomodate the 243 loader.

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and enjoy it. slkpk

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Congrats! Great machine.

For loader dolly ideas, you might study the offerings at BxPanded: Loader Dollies

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,072 Posts
Do you place the loader right on the dolly and remove away ? What do you put under the stand ?
Yes. Slide the dolly up to the front of the tractor and drop the loader. Pull the pins, lower the stand and it will be an inch from the dolly. Then just roll the bucket until the arms are free. The stand will come to rest on the dolly as the arms move away. You will need a hard surface to roll the dolly around. Gravel or dirt won't work.

When it is time to re-attach the loader you can roll it right up to the main frame. Placing the side frames against the main frame is critical because if you miss on one side the side frame boss will drop down lower than the main frame boss. If this happens, you will have to lift the side arms by hand because the hydraulics won't lift them high enough to re-engage the bosses. Sounds crazy but it has happened to me a couple times.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,886 Posts
Very nice machine, congrats! Where in NY are you from?

·
Grumpy old Curmudgeon
334 Posts
Congrats on your new "Force Multiplier"!!

Won't your ROPS fold down to get it inside??

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts

Won't your ROPS fold down to get it inside??
Not on the BX2660. The BX 25 has a folding ROPS, as do the new BX--70 Series. He can, however, puchase the folding ROPS for his machine. But it is a lot taller when upright, so there are trade-offs.

·
Grumpy old Curmudgeon
334 Posts
Bummer!! Hope you like everything else.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Every time I see one of those I think it's missing the back half. Then I remind myself that most of them don't come with a backhoe.

Congrats on the machine! Look forward to seeing some work pictures. I've used mine enough that last night the wife threw this line at me out of the blue:

"I'm glad we got that tractor, it's been so useful I don't mind how much we spent on it"

:woohoo1:

Took me so much by surprise I had to shave and give her some lovin'.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see you bought it from Emerich's. You can't miss that red f150. How were they to make a purchase from?

How do you like your 2660 so far? I just bought an 1870.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Emerichs was great so far. They owe me a front grill i was promised and i have been waiting since the tractor was delivered for it. Other than that, very accomodating. I would have prefered an 1860 but decided to go one step up. They ran out of 2360's so i got the 2660. I would have been fine with an 1860. I didnt want an 1870 since there were no model end rebates ($1,000) for the new models.

Great choice on the 1870! Pics please.

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Congrats and boy do I know that shed header story firsthand. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm glad you had good luck at Emerich's. I priced out an 1860 there about 2 months ago. They wanted me to take one of the new leftovers because they had the extra $1000 off. They had 2 1860s left at the time. I had them quote me the 1860, 54" rough cut MMM, and 50" blower. I then shopped around a bit and found myself at Randall Implements Co. in Fultonville (which is closer to my house anyway). They gave me a price on a brand new 1870 with 48" fine cut MMM, and 50" blower that was $300 less than the leftover 1860 Emerich's wanted to sell me. I couldn't go wrong, especially with 0%/5yr. financing. I also liked the fact that Randall keeps all of the crated tractors stacked inside a warehouse, not stacked outside uncovered like at Emerich's. Which I guess doesn't really mater since they can stay outside without much harm. I just liked that more.

Pic is of mine they day it was delivered.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Emerichs owner has a pole barn at the end of his personal property. All the equipment is stored there. So im told. Good for you. $300 is $300. Fultonville is to far for me. Im in waterford. Emerichs is a hike as it is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn't know about the pole barn, Hopefully they do keep everything in there.

Yeah $300 isn't much compared to the total price of one of these things, but it's better than nothing. Fultonville would definitely be a hike for you. I used to work a lot in Waterford and its a long commute from the Duanesburg area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts