My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retiring
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 3-week old BX2660 with 18 hours is (was) amazing - until today. I had been using it all day working around the yard and pulled it into the garage and shut it down and had some lunch. Later I took it out of the garage, stopped, shifted into 4WD, stepped on the reverse pedal and got my right boot sprayed with hydraulic fluid that came up out of the base of the reverse pedal. I looked on the ground and realized that all of the hydraulic fluid was dumping. I shut it down immediately. The fluid was leaking from somewhere above the MMM deck and cascading down onto and over and off the deck. The driveway is a mess.

My wife and I pushed it down the driveway and I pulled it up onto the trailer with a come-along and got it chained down. It will be back at the dealer in the morning. Very depressing.

·
Passed Away, Sept. 2013
183 Posts
That has to be disappointing, C-Dory, but let's hope for a quick fix, an impressive dealer response, and a future free of unpleasant surprises. You've got one very fine tractor there. Fix and enjoy!!

Bryan

·
Registered
272 Posts
^ Sorry to hear that. I tend to think that all the manufacturers ought to provide transport for obvious warranty issues that occur so early. First month ? First three months?
The costs could be back billed to corporate just like the labor & materials for the repair . Am I out of line here ?

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
^ Sorry to hear that. I tend to think that all the manufacturers ought to provide transport for obvious warranty issues that occur so early. First month ? First three months?
The costs could be back billed to corporate just like the labor & materials for the repair . Am I out of line here ?
I agree. First 2-3 months anything like this should be all on them.

CDory let us know how it all gets resolved. Sorry 'bout the hassle.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,083 Posts
I also agree. Most new cars come with free towing during the warranty period. Some tractors cost as much as some cars. Free transport should be part of the warranty.

·
Retiring
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I took it to the dealer on Monday morning. First I should say that they told me right away that they would have come to the house and gotten it. But I had realized that if they came and took it away, it might have been gone for quite a while. By my taking it in, I think that they made an effort to deal with it right away. They took it on while I waited - it took 3 hours but they got it done.

I'm waiting to receive the warranty claim form - the dealer didn't have it ready before I left, but I was told that a seal had failed. I know that they had to pull off the MMM deck to get to it. The lead mechanic said that they never had seen this happen before on a BX2660. When I find out exactly what part failed, I'll post it.

I sure some of you have heard about the SCV body casting issues that caused recurring seal failures on some of the other BX models. But those apparently are typically leaks, not catastropic failures as I experienced, and have not shown up on the 2660's.

I sure hope that this isn't some similar problem that recurs. It is stressful, and very hard on the driveway.

Thanks to those of you who responded to this post for your supportive words.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,083 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is trying to do right by you. It's good that they were able to fix the problem right away. Now you can get back to enjoying your tractor. :trink40:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts