My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was at a truck event day this week and took advantage of the extra 300 off, and grabbed a new toy. Is there things or areas to paint while its new. I did my car the day I bought it with lps3 and no rust after 10 yrs in eastern Canada.
I know under the floor mats on my deeres, the water lifted the paint, so had to re do the area.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Hello fellow Maritimer. What is lps3? Is that what you applied to your car?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi lps3 is like fluid film I guess, It was only 33 a gallon in 04, now its near 100 a gallon, a spraycan is 20. it is undercoaring that waxes up, You can make something out of oil and a toilet wax seal also..
If you see a nice gx345 over in Cavandish with a bagger, Thats my old one. it was mint, I also have a 425 I'll be selling in the summer, 3 sets of tires and wheels loader snowblower and factory femco cab and front blade that is in great shape if anyone over there is looking, I did everything in Polyurethane aircraft paint, that was $107 a qt

·
Registered
41 Posts
I sprayed my BX2360 ... used a clear penetrating film. Sprayed it on all bolts/nuts and welds. Stuff I used is invisible once dry and will not attract dust. Sprayed under the engine cover as well. Its only going to be this clean once!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Hi lps3 is like fluid film I guess, It was only 33 a gallon in 04, now its near 100 a gallon, a spraycan is 20. it is undercoaring that waxes up, You can make something out of oil and a toilet wax seal also..
If you see a nice gx345 over in Cavandish with a bagger, Thats my old one. it was mint, I also have a 425 I'll be selling in the summer, 3 sets of tires and wheels loader snowblower and factory femco cab and front blade that is in great shape if anyone over there is looking, I did everything in Polyurethane aircraft paint, that was $107 a qt
I grew up 4 miles from Cavendish. I bought my GX345 in Sheet Harbour, NS 2 years ago. Your 425 sounds like a great package to own. I will keep my eye out for the lps3.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I use liberly spray on grease on all the electric. I spray it into the fuses, the wiring and onto the battery cables. I have read all to often about corroded electric that causes problems in a few years that i do this preventive work on all my new equipment(from chainsaws to cars).

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Hi all, I was at a truck event day this week and took advantage of the extra 300 off, and grabbed a new toy. Is there things or areas to paint while its new. I did my car the day I bought it with lps3 and no rust after 10 yrs in eastern Canada.
I know under the floor mats on my deeres, the water lifted the paint, so had to re do the area.
Congrats on the new BX2360! Great machine! How is it configured? FEL?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the penetrol at the dulux paint store here for 11 a can...the poor tractor will be going back for who knows how long, The day it arrived I found the whole center section aluminum structure badly corroded and the seat so much, its stuck, the muffler even looks years old.I called kubota canada and sent pics in, it hasnt moved since, were having a truck take it back,even under the floor boards part is white powdery, it has under 1 hr on it..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like your tractor was stored outside for a while, which is strange as you would think that a BX is something that would sell quickly. I think these things should have a build date stamp or sticker.
Hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not acid its the whole alum structure, even under the floor part is white.the clip on the rad overflow hose, is almost rusted through

·
Registered
843 Posts
Battery acid causes very aggressiv corrosion. When it dries there is often a kind of white residue(the salts from the acid) on everything and the corrosion continues as soon as moisture comes around again.

Hope your problem is solved by the manufacturer in due time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks, Lawyer said wait to talk to CSR and file a complaint against the guy that did the final inspection,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts