My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WHAT!!!!
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at a local dealer. Was used for a demo 1 time back in 1995 or so, not sure of the exact year. Its been collecting dust in their warehouse for the last 15 years or so. Had under 30 min. of run time when i brought it home a few weeks back, paid $350 for it.:trink39:
How is this Kohler engine it has? I have never owned a Kohler before this one.

·
Super Moderator
35,770 Posts
I'd maybe run that a few times every year to exercise it and then put it away! There probably aren't any made with as few minutes on them as that one!

·
Administrator
12,687 Posts
You stole that machine. The Command engine is a darn good one. The 2 or three that I know of are pretty much appliances. Change the oil and filters (air fuel oil) and they keep running. Nice machine!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Excellent find and enjoy it. slkpk

·
Registered
632 Posts
They sell for 350.00 with a ?????ba-zillion hours on them every day of the week. I can't believe a dealer would let it go for so little after storing it for so long. Good for you!

not sure how "collectible" it is, but it's one great mowing machine for 350.00.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Awsome deal. As others have said that is a good engine. The first thing to go on these models, I believe is the transmission. I'm really curious as to why it didn't sell. The broadmoor is one of the higher volume/popular models as far as sales. They could have sold just the mower deck for more than that.

·
WHAT!!!!
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awsome deal. As others have said that is a good engine. The first thing to go on these models, I believe is the transmission. I'm really curious as to why it didn't sell. The broadmoor is one of the higher volume/popular models as far as sales. They could have sold just the mower deck for more than that.
I think the main reason it didnt sell was it got shoved into the warehouse shortly after the next years models came out and was forgotten about for all these years. They actually have one more in the warehouse. Its the identical mower but with the MF decals and MF red paint. It has never had gas in it. He gave me a price for that one of $1800. I took my $350 dollar mower and left.:trink40:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Outstanding find!

·
Registered
498 Posts
very lucky to find something like that for $350

·
Custom User Title
241 Posts
That's the cleanest square hood Broadmoor I've seen in years! Nice find! My sister picked up a very high hour 2001 (?) Broadmoor this past summer during peak mowing season and paid $1400 for with a 44" deck, so $350 for an essentially new one is stealing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts