My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i just picked up a new 4' box blade today for my 2305 and after a bit if had the box blade raised up off the ground along with my mower deck it would actually drop the deck to the groud and i could not at times get the deck to raise back up even though the box blade would raise up and down is there some sort of adjustment i can make? also anybody know how hard it would be to add the independent lift of the 3 point hitch from the mower deck arms? i was offered this when i bought my 2305 but figured i wouldnt need it but wish i did now, if its not to hard to add i would like to add this any thoughts and input would be helpful thanks

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Look at your left 3PH hitch arm and is the flap over the arm? It may need adjusting. slkpk

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Hi doozer,

I have the ind lift kit already on my machine so I cant help you on the mower deck.....Do you have it locked in the highest position?

I'm in two minds on the lift kit, I quite like it but I'm not sure you get alot of value for the money you pay. I've found that when I'm doing any work like box blading I take the mower off anyway, so not really any advantage there. I'm getting a FEL fitted this week, and you have to disconnect one of the hydro lines to use the ind lift kit.....I can see I'm going to have the line for the lift kit dangling all the time when I'm using the FEL.

I probably wouldnt pay the money now in hindsight for the lift kit, but now that I have it I'm happy also. If you have a FEL, I really dont think I would bother.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have the ind lift also, when not in use i tuch it in the quick cuplers and it dosn't even touch the ground. it's normal for the mower deck to drop onto the lock postion( acording to JD & everybody else i talk to with a 2305).

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Hi doozer,

I have the ind lift kit already on my machine so I cant help you on the mower deck.....Do you have it locked in the highest position?

I'm in two minds on the lift kit, I quite like it but I'm not sure you get alot of value for the money you pay. I've found that when I'm doing any work like box blading I take the mower off anyway, so not really any advantage there. I'm getting a FEL fitted this week, and you have to disconnect one of the hydro lines to use the ind lift kit.....I can see I'm going to have the line for the lift kit dangling all the time when I'm using the FEL.

I probably wouldnt pay the money now in hindsight for the lift kit, but now that I have it I'm happy also. If you have a FEL, I really dont think I would bother.
Smeagol,
I think JD now sells a diverter valve but I don't know what the price is. With the diverter valve, you don't have to disconnect anything.

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Thanks BR - my machine is in at the dealers right now getting its laoder fitted, so I'll check out the price of the diverter valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts