My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone!

First, my apologies if I am posting an unusual intro combination, but I have been hunting for a tractor for quite some time. I keep finding several but they are in poor shape and today I had a bit of a revelation. I want a very specfic tractor and maybe you guys and a hopefully a couple gals on here could point me in the right direction.

Perhaps if an admin could move this post to the appropriate section that would be more appropriate (sorry I’m new and know nothing about tractor sizes)

I’m looking for an older model Massey Ferguson 36 or 65, I can’t remember. I have and can find photos later this weekend. Probably the 50’s-60’s era.
The catch is… this tractor belonged to my grandfather that he bought new. When he was taken ill with cancer they sold their home in Wisconsin and the tractor was auctioned off.

My father misses it and I always loved riding on it or being pulled behind on a trailer.
My hope is that maybe someone on here has it or at least viewed the forum and may one day see it and hopefully allow me to buy it back.

The auction was held around 1997-1999 in Hillsboro Wisconsin the tractor was practically in mint condition and I have located the auctioneer, but they refused to give out information on the VIN or the buyer. I still have several boxes of papers from my grandparents and maybe I can locate the VIN somewhere, but if you or someone you know may own this tractor (possibly near WI) or any leads I’d greatly appreciate finding it.

I know this is like a needle in a haystack search, but I just wanted to give it a try in the event someone here may be able to help locate it. I’ll check back occasionally even if it takes a few years; I live in AL and I wouldn’t mind driving anywhere for it as long as it’s determined to be the same one. If I find any further information on serial numbers or VIN, I’ll try to update the post if possible.

Thank you so much to all!!
Andrea

·
Super Moderator
15,138 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark,

Thank you so much. for the reply. I managed to locate one photo and I’ll attempt to post it. Looks like the 35? I think he had a gasoline model if memory serves, but that was when I was quite young.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Tractor

It had a trailer hitch on the front that he may have put or had installed. I wish I could enlarge the serial number plate on the side from this angle.

once again, thank you

·
Super Moderator
12,661 Posts
There's just not enough resolution to get a clear view of the data tags on it. Sorry
Wood Flooring Natural landscape Landscape Grass

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the attempt at the builders plate. That was a cell photo of the actual photo. I may be able to give it a better scan into the computer this weekend with better hardware. The photo was just a quick identification, but I hope to find at least a receipt or something with the important numbers on it.
I guess I’m just too sentimental, but I’ve heard of people doing similar with vehicles and aircraft so I thought I’d give it a try with the old tractor.
Hopefully I’ll have a better picture by Sunday morning.
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the late reply, I’ve had back to back shifts all weekend and through the week. I tried to scan the image, but there was no significant improvement in the photo. I did realize it’s a deluxe model. Also located one quite similar less than 20 miles from the old house, but the model was slightly different and just a standard.

i haven’t had a chance to pull out my old photos, but I’ve looked through most of my grandparents belongings and found no records on the tractor.
I did think of one or 2 ways of finding the builders plate, but I’ll have to check on them on my next off day next weekend.

Hopefully I’ll have a more promising update by next weekend once I can get away from work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts