My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at these big garden tractors on here ever since I got my craftsmen several years ago. So first thanks for all the info. I just got anew 728 with front blade and power flow bagger. When they were walking me thru everything I asked about adjusting deck when power flow is off and he said I should readjust does that make sense? Also some advice needed the delivery guy was new for dealer. When he was walking up my drive carring the hood protector, he tripped and it got scratched pretty good. He said he would tell sales manager and see what he says. I haven't heard back from them yet, should I say something if no callback in couple of days or let it slide. Thanks everyone. Tractor is a monster!

·
Super Moderator
33,676 Posts
Well not an expert on the X728 but as far as the hood protector you should call the dealer and report it. They should replace it since it was their person's fault.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You should always check the deck level whenever the power flow is installed/removed to ensure a even cut from the mowing deck. I'd call the dealership about the scratched hood, it was an accident by their driver but that's an expensive machine.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,097 Posts
I don't own a powerflow, but any extra weight hanging on one side or the other of a deck would tend to alter the level. Even if it only lowers the right side a quarter inch, the extra quarter inch is made up for by raising the other side an equal amount. Leaving you with blades a half an inch off level. That would be noticeable.

I'd agree, check the level whenever you put it on, or take it off.

·
Premium Member
6,759 Posts
:wwp::wwp:

·
Registered
848 Posts
So what is the best way to level the deck with the PF attached?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I check my deck for level right at the blades on a concrete slab. Be sure the guage wheels are not touching the slab, then adjust as needed to get the same distance from the slab on the outside tips of the outer blades. And yes, you will get different readings with P/F on and off. Makes for a perfectly cut lawn.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Congrats on the new X728!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the good luck wishes, sales manager emailed me on scratch, I suggested they paint it or put bed liner paint on it, so we will see it drives great, and is huge!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Nice tractor, I love the powerflow on my X728, it picks up clippings better than the commercial mowers we have at work!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I always keep my mower adjusted without my power flow on.

The two or three times I use my power flow is not worth readjustment.

Besides, I only use my power flow after mowing in the fall picking up leaves.

That inch or two doesn't effect enough to readjust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts