My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just brought home my new sprayer and tried it out today. The 55 gallon sprayer with a 6 roller pto pump is awesome. The wand sprayed a good 30 feet into the trees I was spraying.

The one issue that I ran into with the 2305 is being able to get off the tractor to use the wand. I had to sit on the seat or else the cutoff switch will shut you down. Does anyone know of a work around for this?
:thanku: Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried, it still went dead.
:banghead3
Jason

·
10,731 Posts
Since disabling safety switches is no-go topic around here according to the rules, I suggest a helper to sit on the tractor when wandering into the trees is necessary. That person could also open the refreshments since your no longer driving.

Just trying to help.

And pictures of the new setup would be just peachy.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Yep against the Rules of the Forum!
================================================== ==========================

5. No Illegal Suggestions Please no pointers, how-to’s, advocating, etc of any illegal activity. (example: By-passing Safety Switches)

Please edit your Post to remove.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since disabling safety switches is no-go topic around here according to the rules, I suggest a helper to sit on the tractor when wandering into the trees is necessary. That person could also open the refreshments since your no longer driving.

Just trying to help.

And pictures of the new setup would be just peachy.
I figured the switch was out of the question but, sometimes you can't help but ask. The helper to sit on the tractor was my plan until my FIL left for the afternoon. What do people do with wood chippers on the SCUT's? You can't always have someone hanging out (sitting on their rear end) all the time.

Thanks,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep against the Rules of the Forum!

5. No Illegal Suggestions Please no pointers, how-to’s, advocating, etc of any illegal activity. (example: By-passing Safety Switches)

Please edit your Post to remove.
It has been edited.:sorry1:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I figured the switch was out of the question but, sometimes you can't help but ask. The helper to sit on the tractor was my plan until my FIL left for the afternoon. What do people do with wood chippers on the SCUT's? You can't always have someone hanging out (sitting on their rear end) all the time.

Thanks,
Before I had the tow units (chippers) I put a sand bag on the seat.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
PM me. I had this exact same issue while working with my sprayer in the orchard. :greendr:

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just brought home my new sprayer and tried it out today. The 55 gallon sprayer with a 6 roller pto pump is awesome. The wand sprayed a good 30 feet into the trees I was spraying.

The one issue that I ran into with the 2305 is being able to get off the tractor to use the wand. I had to sit on the seat or else the cutoff switch will shut you down. Does anyone know of a work around for this?
I'm toying with sprayers myself Jason right now. Can you give us more details & pitures of your set up?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm toying with sprayers myself Jason right now. Can you give us more details & pitures of your set up?
I'll try to get some pictures tonight. The tank is from Snyder Industries. I'm not sure if they do the fabrication. I chose the boomless model with a wand. It appears to be well made and it came with a 6 roller PTO pump. I was able to talk our local farm equipment company down to $700 and I purchased a carry all at the same time.

I was able to put out 50 + gallons of insecticide on my Leyland Cypress trees in a matter of minutes. I think it took longer to fill the tank than to spray the trees. It definitely works better than the backpack sprayer I had been using. The front suitcase weights are a must if you fill it all the way up. When I lifted the sprayer the tractor shook quite a bit. In my opinion the PTO pump is the way to go. I could not believe the volume of water that the wand put out.

My only complaint so far has to be with the color, it is blue instead of JD GREEN.

Jason

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
A lot of people have advocated electric pumps and they do work for small applications. However when you start spraying whettable powders they don't have the volume to keep the recirculation in the spray tank adequate for everything to stay in suspension. Plus 100 plus PSI is out of the question.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just got a new 45 gallon JD sprayer with a 10 foot boom and wand. I got the upgraded electric pump and like it so far.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wasn't thinking about the PTO stopping! Sorry about the poor advice... What size tractor allows the PTO to stay running? I've been thinking about a sprayer for my apple trees and that makes a big difference in the PTO vs elec debate.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I wasn't thinking about the PTO stopping! Sorry about the poor advice... What size tractor allows the PTO to stay running? I've been thinking about a sprayer for my apple trees and that makes a big difference in the PTO vs elec debate.
Works on the 2320 machines. Just select neutral and set the park brake.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry it took so long to get some pictures up.

I thought you might get a kick out of this one.

My brother-in-law repainted this old log splitter my favorite colors.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
What size hose is that on the blue sprayer? slkpk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What size hose is that on the blue sprayer? slkpk
slkpk,

The black one coming out of the PTO pump is 3/4". The hand sprayer has a 3/8" and the one's for the recirculation and the rear nozzle are 1/2"

I haven't purchased a loader yet, so the sprayer is the best implement I have used on my 2305. My FIL has a JD 990 with FEL and he lives next door. :thThumbsU It makes it real hard to drop $3K on a loader.

·
Registered
157 Posts

On the 955 (and probably other models) has an over-ride function built into the seat switch. The PTO selector must be in the rear PTO only position. Then you simply fold the seat forward, grab the plunger on the seat switch and pull it up. The switch will click into the over-ride position and allow the rear PTO to remain operational with the operator off the seat. Obviously, for the use of implements like your sprayer or a chipper, etc.

Did this over-ride function not carry through into the more modern tractors? Seems kind of silly that it wouldn't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts