My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1K poster
Joined
·
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I figured I would document some of this for the next guy. I always look online and YouTube to see if someone invented the wheel before me. It was a relatively straightforward job, took about 3 hours total I think. This included some assembly and re-assembly because I didn't always follow the directions, note to the wise. The kit is for several tractors and several year models, so I had several part left over. Not to worry, it all works like it should and it does say that in the manual which was reassuring. Another word to the wise. After I got it done, I had the two hoses made for the top link. But make sure you check clearances. It never occured to me to check the clearance of the hose when the 3pth was all the way up. The pic of the hoses connected is the new configuration with a 90 degree angle to route the hose out of danger. Pics included.You install four new hoses (hard lines) and you take one stock hardline out. The quick connect couplers were huge, basically made for the larger tractor, probably 2 Series and up. I had considered using the smaller ones similar to the loader couplers and any other coupler on an L&G tractor, But decided to just keep the operation simple and stick with the 1/2"er's. The stock unit says it takes 13 quarts or 3.25 gallons of fluid, but by the time I had the new circuit on and the top link, she gobbled up a little over 15 quarts. I will try to post the video as well, we'll see.
 

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top