My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this 10227 silver series 4.75HP for $25!It runs perfect,and it's straight and solid.The safety handle cable is shot,and the muffler(bottom half) has a hole in it.It has the mulcher setup in it,and came with a nice bagger too!I hope the parts are cheap.I still need to wash it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
There's one of these advertised locally w/ bag setup for $80.

If I really needed a mower, I'd grab it. But for the sake of collecting, I'll pass due to the steel deck.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I needed a mower for taking care of my grandmothers property.I'd rather an alluminum deck,but for the price/condition it was great!:trink39:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Yep...looks like a good deal to me. I've got a very similar 10304 self propelled that is like new, runs great.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My V series is running like new after 13 years. Just remember to check the the mount bolts. Locktite is a good investment.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I serviced it this morning and mowed for almost an hour trouble free!The grass was a little tall/wet,boy did it mulch it up NICE! :trink39:
Don't mind him, some people on here have a vendetta against the V engine lawnboys because they don't run as smooth and trouble free as the F engine machines. That and the steel deck.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't mind him, some people on here have a vendetta against the V engine lawnboys because they don't run as smooth and trouble free as the F engine machines. That and the steel deck.
Most of my equipment is VERY old.I don't "drool" over this like most of my fleet,but i had a need for a mower and why not a LB?!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Most of my equipment is VERY old.I don't "drool" over this like most of my fleet,but i had a need for a mower and why not a LB?!
It has nothing to do with the brand, the F engine I was referring to is also a Lawn Boy machine. Just some people really dislike the engine that is on your mower.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Just picked up this 10227 silver series 4.75HP for $25!It runs perfect,and it's straight and solid.The safety handle cable is shot,and the muffler(bottom half) has a hole in it.It has the mulcher setup in it,and came with a nice bagger too!I hope the parts are cheap.I still need to wash it.
Nice find! Although this is a walk behind forum, how about some pics of your Cockshutt 30? I am a tractor fan as well.....

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
It doesn't help my steel deck mower's case any either that it's a 4-stroke Tecumseh.

I should unload this thing.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has nothing to do with the brand, the F engine I was referring to is also a Lawn Boy machine. Just some people really dislike the engine that is on your mower.
Yes,i understood that.MY point was i'm into the mower for cheap money,and it filled a space.(that needed filling!)I like the F engine much more myself,as most here.It's all about having fun with our mowers equipment ect...

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a 10201 that I'm parting out. The muffler is good if you're interested. Let me know what you think is a fair price shipped, and I'll send it your way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts