My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
A radical change. Good for some, but not for all, including me. It looks like it has lost its personality and looks more like a Camaro from the rear. :eck34:

·
Master Cranker!!!
14,983 Posts
I love it, and think it's long overdue. The power and torque capabilities of today's engines dictated that the change was needed, imo. Still love Vettes from the 60's though. But this one is the one I want to drive.

·
Choke's stuck on!
496 Posts
I love it, and think it's long overdue. The power and torque capabilities of today's engines dictated that the change was needed, imo. Still love Vettes from the 60's though. But this one is the one I want to drive.
I would type exactly this. ^^^^^

The engine has been a "mid-front" configuration with a 50/50 split for some time, but the sheet metal is bound to ruffle some feathers.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I own a 2013 mustang convertable 3.7 over 300 hp, in high school i had a 1964 1/2 mustang (in line 6 cylinder) that couldn't do a burn out on ice, I bought the mustang because it reminded me of the 1969's the best muscle car year "EVER" so you probley know where i'm headed, The new vette is the future where old gezzers like me like to live in the past (at least for alittle while longer)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Kudos to Chevy on upgrading the Vette. However, my understanding is there is no manual transmission offered. Only the paddle shifted 8 speed. You can electronically disconnect the engine/trans, like pushing in the clutch by pressing both paddles simultaneously, but that's it.

IF I had the money, I'd want to buy something manually shifted.

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
I think many of the folks who might buy this car have no idea how to use a stick shift. With 0-60 acceleration time of about 3 seconds, there’s probably no need for a clutch anyway. :tango_face_surprise

·
5,515 Posts
IMO creative plastic melting and it is ugly. I never buy a fiberglass bodied car anyway as I am more into trucks. I can only imagine the nightmare ahead for the future owners and the garages that have to work on that thing.

·
Premium Member
7,111 Posts
IF I had the money, I'd want to buy something manually shifted.
Ditto. :)

About 2010 was the peak for me for modern vehicle and motorcycle designs and technology. Much post then has become a lot less driver focused and too computerized for my tastes but on the other hand technology since then hasn't developed this fast for quite some time in this industry either which makes it interesting to follow.

·
Choke's stuck on!
496 Posts
Ditto. :)

About 2010 was the peak for me for modern vehicle and motorcycle designs and technology. Much post then has become a lot less driver focused and too computerized for my tastes but on the other hand technology since then hasn't developed this fast for quite some time in this industry either which makes it interesting to follow.
Right, how many "driver aids" does an actual driver need?

·
Professional Homeowner
7,021 Posts
IMO creative plastic melting and it is ugly. I never buy a fiberglass bodied car anyway as I am more into trucks. I can only imagine the nightmare ahead for the future owners and the garages that have to work on that thing.
Well then good news! A fair good bit of this one is carbon fiber instead of fiberglass or melted plastic. In what color will you be ordering yours?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts