My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the sears website. They are starting to introduce a few of the 2012 tractors. Theres a couple new ZT made by MTD and 2 new models of the YT3000(now with 21 hp v-twin briggs and 6 in. turning radius) and YT4000(now with 6 in. turning radius) that have been introduced. But the one that caught my eye was the new Craftsman CTX9500 that really is a black and silver Simplicity Conquest from the looks of it, except it has a 26 hp briggs pro with EFM. And who knows they might get another Presige later like the PGT9500. Here's a pic and the rest of the specs from sears website. And remember these are just some of the 2012's, there are probably going to be more introduced going into the new year.http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07125006000P?blockNo=2&blockType=G2&prdNo=2&i_cntr=1323020084293

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to show everyone the new tractor. I don't know why they switched to the weaker 10 gauge steel frame other than cutting their production costs. It doesn't seem like using thicker steel like 6 gauge would cost that much more. If they did use better steel it would be a better tractor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I noticed that too. But still, from the specs it looks like a well built tractor. Plus Sears dropped the price down to $4949.99.:fing32:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Did the PGT have a Diff Lock? Impressive at 908lbs with the deck as well!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the PGT9500 did have diff. lock because I looked at it at our local sears store and let me tell ya, it was a BEAST. Only differences I notice right now between the PGT9500 (Prestige) and CTX9500 (Conquest) is the engine HP, mower deck, attachment lift, size of rear tires, and tranny. Can't remember how much the PGT9500 weighed but the 908lb CTX9500 is impressive.;)

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
I wanna see a direct drive 4wd craftsman. I would be first in line.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I would be second in line, right behind ya.:trink39:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I liked the color scheme better on the PGT9500. TheCTX has the cheaper vented style mower deck. The 54" deck on the PGT9500 was one of the heaviest built Simplicity decks ever, aside from their commercial ZT decks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it does have the cheaper stamped 52" deck, but remember its still early. Lets see what the full 2012 lineup is going to be. There might be another Simplicity built tractor. Something like a new version of the PGT9500, maybe. I sure hope so!:thThumbsU

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Sweet color combo too!

·
Registered
266 Posts
That is a pretty slick looking tractor no doubt. I wouldn't mind mowing in such luxury Don't see myself spending 5 grand on something that mows my grass tho (not that I have 5 grand to spend anyway!) back in the day you could walk into a sears with that cash and walk out with a new tractor with a loader, crazy. I wish sears still carried equipment like that, as I know all of you do to.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I never really liked black (hood, fenders) on a tractor, but this is one of those few times where it matches perfectly.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah its a shame how most tractors today aren't built the way they were back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
18,652 Posts
Guess there going to try One more time at a Premium Garden tractor since the Prestige re-badge didn't sell as well as they would have Liked. I just wish they would Proof read there right up "electronic deck lift" it sure Looks Like a Manual spring assist set Up to Me. I wonder if there using the same sealed K66 that Simplicity is using in the Current Conquests. I do like this color scheme Better than what they Had with the Black & Yellow Re-Badge Prestige. I think what they should Have done is just add Hydraulic lift to this Conquest set up for sears Because a K66 can run a Hydraulic Lift. Briggs Outdoor is trying To keep there Foot in Sears. I don’t Know if that a Good Idea or a Bad Idea by Briggs Outdoor Power But I really Like the Look of it anyways:thThumbsU

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The PGT9500 did do wrost than I thought, becaucse I was expecting sales to sky rocket when I saw the Price for all the features and it included the 54" fabricated deck for a couple thousand less. But like alot of other people, I too couldn't afford the $6000 price tag.

·
Super Moderator
18,652 Posts
The PGT9500 did do wrost than I thought, becaucse I was expecting sales to sky rocket when I saw the Price for all the features and it included the 54" fabricated deck for a couple thousand less. But like alot of other people, I too couldn't afford the $6000 price tag.
Well the average consumer really doesn't Pay attention to who makes what Like we do on these type of forum's That one of the reason sales didn't sky rocket The Craftsman FF series was Only Made for a few years It wasn’t a Big seller But they did try market it right Pitting it against the Deere Model 400 Wards & Sears Usually Pitted one against the Other Had they Marketed it say against the Deere Model X500 You Might have seen More sales of the PGT9500 Because they really couldn’t Market it against Husqvarna Products, MTD or Simplicity Because they would Have Been Biting the Hands that Feed the Craftsman Line. They could Have even Pitted it against the Kubota GR series Because the PGT9500 was a actual Garden tractor Where the Kubota GR series is a AWD Lawn tractor on steroids, The GR series can’t take a sleeve Hitch or a 3point Hitch or even a PTO tiller where The PGT9500 could and against the Deere X500 Model the selling point could Have Been Hydraulic lift:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
18,652 Posts
I was just on the Simplicity site comparing the Conquest. Sears says electric lift while the Conquest has a spring-assist lever. The 24 Briggs Conquest also weighs in at 711 lbs.
If You Look at the Picture of this CTX9500 it is Spring assist Lift. I think it's Just a Mistake(On the electric Lift or electronic deck lift) On who ever wrote it Up for sears website But I guess will all Know for sure once someone on the forum sees one In Person:thThumbsU

·
Registered
837 Posts
Back when I worked for AYP, Husqvarna was really trying to spin their brand off to compete more with the Deere X300 and 500. Then they put models in Lowe's because they felt threatened by Deere's venture into the low end models. It's a shame, really. When optioned out properly, the old AYP GT was a good tractor.

What is being sold now as Yard or Garden Tractors are simply over-powered lawn mowers shaped like tractors. Even the Cub 2000's and X300/500's aren't much more than that. You have to spend $6-8k to get a decent "real" tractor now.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.