My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My second gps (tomtom piece of junk) name was Ima Lost, thanks to an excursion in VA. The 3rd gps name is Ima Losttoo!
Yes they still aren't perfect, but in the long run got me there and home so no real complaint. Like my on-board system better than the Google version.

322 hog. Just kidding. Everyone needs two or at least a 322 and a318.
At least 2 machines for sure!

Nice nice nice, hope to see you & this tractor at plow day!
Should be there, not sure if I'll have one or two with me.

Nice machine, Tim, quite a trek to go and get it! Looks like it was worth the effort, have fun with the new toy.
Did just a little blowing with it yesterday and was reminded why I put a cab on my machine as snow blew back on me!! I have a welder now so maybe I'll try to fabricate something for this one.

·
Super Moderator
26,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Moving equipment around today so that I can get both machines in the tractor shed. Going to have to move some to my small shed and some to the basement to make sufficient room. That machine with the blower takes up some considerable space. Ordered new shoes for the blower today so that the front doesn't dig into the gravel, and put a bid in on a cab (not fully complete) for this machine. Fortunately, if I get it the cab is pretty close to me for a change and right through where I went to college!

Noticed that the 47 blower would stop throwing snow when it hit a heavy snow pile so I read the manual yesterday and found there is an adjuster, went under the blower and the adjusting bolt is missing, just needs replaced and then properly adjusted and should be good to go.

·
Parts collector
2,985 Posts
I need a chute spinner, I can set the flapper and not have to change it, but spinning the chute is a pain.

·
Parts collector
2,985 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just read this one. Congrats on the score.

My first job out of school I got assigned to a project in a paper mill outside Watertown. I commuted up there every week from Amherst, Ma for the whole winter. I took Rt 12 from Utica to Watertown and have driven through some of the worst snow I have ever seen on that road. A few years later the company bought a plant right in Lowville. Great folks in that part of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
JD put those 322s out 4-5 yrs. or so. Some differences. Which ones do you have now?
Both of them have the manual choke so I believe they are both 1992 models, he'd repainted the machine and the serial number sticker was gone on this one.

Indeed!
I too need to drive up to PA for a plow day.
It's pretty impressive to see all the tractors out in the field plowing.

I just read this one. Congrats on the score.
My first job out of school I got assigned to a project in a paper mill outside Watertown. I commuted up there every week from Amherst, Ma for the whole winter. I took Rt 12 from Utica to Watertown and have driven through some of the worst snow I have ever seen on that road. A few years later the company bought a plant right in Lowville. Great folks in that part of the world.
Thanks, nice to have a backup tractor again! Really needed to take down my other for some maintenance. Yes, beautiful area and a large wind farm on Rt. 177 as you come in towards Lowville.

·
Registered
572 Posts
When I can afford it I want to buy a pair of HDAPs for the 332. I have an extra pair of rear rims I can repaint and put them on. They would be loaded of course and then try blowing/plowing without chains also. My driveway has a pretty good grade to it so when it's icy the chains come in handy.
Nice tractor! FWIW, I've been using the hdap that came with my 318 purchase on 30-40 feet of slope gain and hardly ever get stopped when pushing the blade, sometimes when blowing on the steepest uphill. We've been getting thaws that turn the gravel drive to an ice rink, but the new snow on top usually gives enough stick to help me on my way. I carry a bag of coarse sand on the three point back blade structure in case I lose my grip.

·
Super Moderator
26,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Nice tractor! FWIW, I've been using the hdap that came with my 318 purchase on 30-40 feet of slope gain and hardly ever get stopped when pushing the blade, sometimes when blowing on the steepest uphill. We've been getting thaws that turn the gravel drive to an ice rink, but the new snow on top usually gives enough stick to help me on my way. I carry a bag of coarse sand on the three point back blade structure in case I lose my grip.
Thanks! First time I've had chains on anything in quite awhile. Will be getting some HDAPs for the rear pretty quick, and will have them loaded with rimguard. Been pretty impressed with the HDAP's in snow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, nice set-up. I have a newer 322 (450 hours) with tiller, plow, blower, deck, 3pt. hitch, and weight box, but you hit a grand-slam with that tractor. Good luck with it!

·
Super Moderator
26,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wow, nice set-up. I have a newer 322 (450 hours) with tiller, plow, blower, deck, 3pt. hitch, and weight box, but you hit a grand-slam with that tractor. Good luck with it!
Sounds like a nice set up you have too davisull, of course we will need pictures now!! 🚜🚜🚜

·
Parts collector
2,985 Posts
Indeed!

I too need to drive up to PA for a plow day.

You are in for a drive. You are 1.5hrs from me in the wrong direction and I'm 4.5hrs from 318. ;)

·
Parts collector
2,985 Posts

·
Parts collector
2,985 Posts
I need to get 1000 sqft garage finished. Footers and block is done, need the concrete (with radiant heat) and framing yet. I have the roofing and can get the siding for cheap from a friend in the roofing business. but the concrete and wood is gonna cost me $10K :cry:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts