My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,
My dad just scored a 68' 1053. It has the original 10hp wisconsin and is in pretty good shape, just needs paint. He also got an original bohlens snow blade and snow thrower and a 38" mower deck for $400. I think he got a good deal and just wanted to see what some of you more experienced bohlens people thought.

The mower deck needs a little work but it isn't much. I am going to keep it at my place for a couple weeks to take care of the mower deck and service it to get it ready for him to mow and clear snow with. I wanted to ask if there is anything on them that I should double check?

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me with all the impliments. Post some pic's and that'll give a better idea of value, not to mention we love PIC's!

MU

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know ya'll like pics. I think we are going to pick it up this weekend. I have to get my little issues worked out with my pickup and then we are going to go down and get it and once I get it to the house I promise I will take some pics.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys have raised my suspicions now LOL. My dad is the one that made the deal and told me what year it was. I will have to double check it when we pick it up on saturday morning. If it was only made for a year does that make it worth more? I am new to the tractor collecting so I don't really know.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If my dad had made a deal like that and then stored it at my house he might not get it back! I would find reasons to keep it...need to tune the carb, trying to find the source of a rattle (that isn't really there), or some other maintenance issue. "Just want to make sure it is safe for you dad"!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may trade him for my MF12, he primarily wants it to push snow. He drives truck and isn't home all the time and usually till he gets home when it snows it is packed down enough that the snow blower doesn't clear it all that well. I am sure though once I get the mower deck taken care of he will be using it to mow too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone tell me what the color code is that the mower deck should be for the 1053? We are going tomorrow morning to pick it up and I am going to keep it at my place for a couple weeks and clean it up and fix what needs fixed and probably strip it down and repaint it so my dad has something to work with that doesn't need anything. Actually if anyone has all the color codes that would be great.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You guys have raised my suspicions now LOL. My dad is the one that made the deal and told me what year it was. I will have to double check it when we pick it up on saturday morning. If it was only made for a year does that make it worth more? I am new to the tractor collecting so I don't really know.
I think Bolens made a few ONE year only models.My 800 was 1963 only,and the 1220 1969.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts