My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks
i have a 2001 dodge ram extended cab and just bought a pair of trail fx nerf bars ( on creigs list ) with brackets on each end of the 3" curved tubes,i tried doing some research online but no help so i was thinking someone here may steer me in a direction so far as brackets and installation..........thanks

Paul

·
Registered
131 Posts
Most sets require removing the cab/body mounting bolts, and attaching the supplied brackets using the existing bolts, or sometimes longer ones are included in the set. No driling or fabrication required. Then the ends of the bars are bolted to the brackets. Leave all loose, and then level and tighten gradually. Should take about 20-30 minutes a side.

If you need further instructions, there is an ebay seller that has a video with his auction that has an older lady installing them.

·
Registered
683 Posts
they pretty much said it, and be prepared, because sometimes they are a dog to get out. i tryed to take them OFF my '99 2500, and i had a ratchet on there, and a 6ft pole on the ratchet handle and i couldnt get them to budge. so you might need to put your muscles on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts