My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have came close to posting this several times, but did not as it was somewhat a pointless post...but I still miss my old 48" walk behind. It was like 1994 or 95. A buddy of mine had the bigger 54" with elec start, and we had the 48" Kawi powered ( I think 14 HP) pull start with the chariot that had the two pivot points and two wheels, and electric PTO. It also had the "brake" handles that looked alot like brakes on a ten speed bicycle.

I was just wondering if you could come up with any old info on them or something, as Id like to see it if at all possible. Would you have access to any info an something that old? I would also like to know why they quit making a WB that looked anything even remotely close to that.

Thanks for any info

Greg

·
Registered
790 Posts
When Cub launched Commercial Turf Products (in a partnership terminated in 2003 with Lesco,) and the MTD pro name (now defunct).....allthe old Pro 150 style units were discontinued in favor of more comvential style fixed deck and floating deck machines.
You still see one from time to time.............but some important parts, like the cables the beast eats are all obsolete.
And you're right the controls and the whole machine for that matter,were uniqiue.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. We only had it a short time before going through the "Big D". I think we sold it for $1500, and I know it had under 75 hours.

I liked it alot, and never had any problems with it. The only complaint I can think of is it was a little slow. It would be fast enough in my bumpy yard, but you can really cruise through the nice, flat Floritam yards.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts