My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hmmmm--lets see!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has had a 446 setting in his yard for a very long time without being run. I have no idea what problems it has nor do I know if it is locked up or not. Mufflers are rusted out. It looks to have an Onan twin in it.
My question is this: What should I offer him for this tractor as a junker or parts tractor. It looks to have a hydraulic pump on it but no 3 point. Nor am I sure if it has a PTO.

Thanks,
mt

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
My neighbor has had a 446 setting in his yard for a very long time without being run. I have no idea what problems it has nor do I know if it is locked up or not. Mufflers are rusted out. It looks to have an Onan twin in it.
My question is this: What should I offer him for this tractor as a junker or parts tractor. It looks to have a hydraulic pump on it but no 3 point. Nor am I sure if it has a PTO.

Thanks,
mt
If it is complete, in any condition, you can not get hurt at $300. A complete working pto will bring $150. A good tran saxle and motor will bring $150.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
A lot of people pick up tractors like that for nothing or a bit more. If it's been sitting outside for a long time and is not running it probably has engine problems of some sort and I suspect rust has been eating away at the sheet metal and any attachments like a mower. If it has a rear PTO that will be easily determined by a valve and handle mounted just behind the seat. Rol is right that you could probably get $300 by parting it out but I wouldn't bother at that price. If it were a stranger I'd offer $50 to get it out of his yard--actually better to offer that to his wife.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
A lot of people pick up tractors like that for nothing or a bit more. If it's been sitting outside for a long time and is not running it probably has engine problems of some sort and I suspect rust has been eating away at the sheet metal and any attachments like a mower. If it has a rear PTO that will be easily determined by a valve and handle mounted just behind the seat. Rol is right that you could probably get $300 by parting it out but I wouldn't bother at that price. If it were a stranger I'd offer $50 to get it out of his yard--actually better to offer that to his wife.
I think Bart is high! I'd offer to haul it away if his wife gave me $25 for my trouble. At least, it would get her yard cleaned up a little! TIC

·
hmmmm--lets see!
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like this better all the time guys. I think I'll talk to the management over there (the mrs.) and see what she wants for it!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Well which is it Rol? A while ago you told him $300 and now -$25.

I'm going to be talking to your wife soon about a certain backhoe.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Well which is it Rol? A while ago you told him $300 and now -$25.

I'm going to be talking to your wife soon about a certain backhoe.
Speaking of Rol, that 222 I bought today was from Chris Lovelace. He's the guy that Rol sold his Case loader to. He still has it, BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts