My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it isn't one thing it's another with my 990. Just about got done with my lawn when the deck starts to viberate. This can't be good than seconds later the U joint brakes loose from the pulley. I need to replace the male end of the drive shaft to the mower deck. Anyone that that knows were I can get a new one that me know. I'll be needed to mow before you know it. Can't let the wife know she thinks that this thing is more trouble than it worth. I'm starting to believe her. But I'll never give up.
Joe Batavia let me know about the deck spindle parts that you have left over or where I can get them.
I'm trying to post a picture of my 990 that has a different grill than all the ones that I see posted. No luck try again later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a bunch of spindle parts but I think I only have a couple of good spindle shafts. The parts are stamped steel, not cast aluminum so they probably don't need replaced unless they're rusted away or the spindle shafts are worn out. Spindles are easy and cheap to replace the bearings. I'll put up some pics of what I have.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think all I ahve left is the female side of the driveshaft that goes on the deck side. I will look and see what my 990 in progress has. I wont have a mower deck for it anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts