My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the manuel for this machine , anyone have one the google search turned up notta.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Mike....any 4 digit model number to it? I just picked up a parts list for a Rocket 2980 off eBay. The paperwork is in the 'office' someplace, I think (I hope).

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I had it in my wallet , I'll look on the machine tommarrow and get it. monday

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked today and the model No# 901006 sn 032633. If you can post a pic of the belt drive. Mine has a geared tecumcie ( 2 shafts ) for the drive.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
By the numbers, your's is much newer than mine. Mine has a 3 1/2 hp B&S, 4 cycle, 2 separate shafts (one CW rotation, one CCW rotation). Pull a lever, and the tines go CCW.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I belive there set up the same in the drive belt configuration, That section of the machine hasn't been changed that much. I'll post a photo of what I have tommarrow night. and we can compare belt drives. Looks like I'll have to machine a new idler sheve that sinches the belt to the drive. but still need belt sizes.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks , the last number on my model 6 is the same as the 7 model. Theres a parts supplyer just up the street, didn't know that , thought they were just CC dealer. It's funny I've been to that web site several times and nevr could find the info , even in the radar search kept comming up nothing found. go figure. :fing32:

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
My 2980 has two separate handles, that come together at the very bottom at the engine. Yours comes together near the top. It looks like it has 3 belts total. Suppose 2 are for forward, one backward.
I was just lucky in finding it. About to shut the pc off, and gave it 1 more try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ariens Tiller- 2980- Hi there- I am building on of these and have used a honda engine for power. Put a 2.5" pulley on and was too big to accept the belt. Will probably change belt size to accomodate. My dealer cant find any information on this tiller model 2980- any one have any luck getting parts? Thanks JOHN

1 - 10 of 10 Posts