My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1993 520h, after running it for about 40 minutes it kinda stumbled and stalled out it wouldn't fire back up and the battery was fairly weak, so I assume it's electrical..... alot of the factory wiring has been cut and patched and I'm trying to get everything back to how it should be. So............ I need a wiring diagram for Model# 73501 520H
Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you been to this website?

http://www.toro.com/home/index.html

Click on owners manuals. Input your model number, click on your year and you should find the owners manual that will have the wiring diagram. This location will list parts manuals and service manuals for the Onan engine also.

Good luck. The 520 is a good tractor.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
THe 73501 was built 1993-1996. The serial is likely 7-digits starting with 39, 49, 59 or 69 determining the year. Do you have that? Toro has messed up some of the numbers so the number of digits is important.

Garry

·
decker
54 Posts
I have a copy of the 2 wire bundle assemblies for the 93 wheel horse 520h if you need a copy let me know and I WILL E-MAIL YOU A COPY OF BOTH. DECKER

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update.... previous owner found all the manuals for the tractor so I was able to use the wiring diagram in the back of the manual........ I got all the wiring respliced, watertight as shown in the manual, buttoned her back up and it wouldn't turn over, long story short........I accidentally pulled the wire harness off of the neutral safety switch when I was running my wires up to the fuse block.........Next step will be to run some seafoam through it. then a thorough inspection/teardown of the 42in mulching deck that also came with the combo........ Mine doesn't look as nice as Deckers 520 does but maybe in the fall,
when the grass ain't growin'
and the snow ain't blowin'
I'll do some sandblasting/painting and get her lookin good........

·
Subsurface dweller
194 Posts
If messing around with the electrical on a 520, why not down load the Toro Demystification guide? It is loaded with schematics for all models of 520's and broken down circuit by cuircuit very simply. There are some errors, but it is very easy to understand.
I wouldn't own a 520 without the demystification guide in hand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts