My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a simplicity landlord and was wondering if there is any wya to put reular weights with hole in the center on the my wheel by fabricating something? Any suggestions

·
Registered
316 Posts
There are a couple things you can do.
Fill the tires with w/w fluid.
My old tractor had square holes in 4 places around the wheel, the weights bolted in through those holes with long carriage bolts.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a simplicity landlord and was wondering if there is any wya to put reular weights with hole in the center on the my wheel by fabricating something? Any suggestions
Here is a diagram I found on the net some time ago. This is what I think you are referring to for adding standard weightlifting weights.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
A guy I know showed me his weight lifting wheel weights.He used something similar to the above diagram.Another guy who gave me his old 317 john deere had a set made out of old torque converters from automatic transmissions.not sure how they fasten on,but they are filled with concrete.

·
Registered
773 Posts
A guy I know showed me his weight lifting wheel weights.He used something similar to the above diagram.Another guy who gave me his old 317 john deere had a set made out of old torque converters from automatic transmissions.not sure how they fasten on,but they are filled with concrete.
I have also heard of guys using old disc brake rotors for wheel wheel weights.

·
Master Service Technician
748 Posts
Windshield Washer Fluid!!!!

·
What happened?
638 Posts
I took two bags of concrete, $4.29 ea.

I made "forms" with carboard, free.

I lined the rim and form with a garbage bag, pennies??

I carefully filled the bag with concrete and used galvanized pipe to pass the carriage bolts through, 2 bolts, $2.29 ea, nuts, flat and lock washers, maybe two bucks.

I cut a ring of cardboard and made sure it stayed concentric with the tire.

The weights each weigh 60#.

I STILL loaded up the tires with washer fluid. At about $2.25/ bottle, I needed ELEVEN GALLONS to fill both tires. Each gallon weighs in at about 7#.

I haven't put the assembly on a scale, but I'm looking at about 100# per tire, 23x8.5x12.

And dad gum it I have yet to take pictures of the finished weights!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts