My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2011 RZT50 that both trannys are in a box, in a zillion pieces. some cub cadet authorized dealer exploded them, said the pumps are bad and wanted a fortune to replace. I need to know which tranny's to use.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=19
not sure which hydro-gear this unit takes.
or if there is a place that rebuilds/exchanges these units?

also need a shop manual model 17W12ACP056 SERIAL 1A171H10097
2011 MODEL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking for a service manual now, I think I am going to try the trannys listed in the surplus catalog. does anyone know if they will work or not?, I found the specs for the original hydro-gear, they appear to be the same.

any concrete information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you sir, I have ordered the trannys from surplus, they shipped on 5-18, we will see how it works out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tranny update.
as you have read, both my tranny's were apart and in a box, broken spring on the pump unit piston,damaged the internal surface of the pump unit.
ok
I ordered the 2 EZT units from surplus, and the fun began,
I had to swap the axel, wrong axel.
the brake came out on the wrong side, had to swap brake shaft, use the old back plate with a hole in it, and plug the hole where it came out in the new unit.
a few other things, so, for 650.00, some labor, a little fussin and cussin, I ended up with 2 working units, installed them, and mowed with it.

Happy?, not really sure if it was worth it yet or not

·
Registered
390 Posts
If the rest af the machine came fairly cheap I would say you did ok. The pride of ownership should be pretty far up there after all that work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts