My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the tires on my 220 but I figured I come here first and see where you guys buy yours from. The ones I have now are all dry rotted and one of the tubes leaks really bad

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I wouoldnt mind used tires but I forst have to see what it cost for new replacements so I can see whats worth it more for me.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Ken will make you a decent deal and he's a good guy.

However, new prices are not far away. Miller Tire, Carlisle Tire, RustyBore Tire

Take your pick

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the widest tires I could get away with on my tractor and still be able to use my chains?

·
Registered
143 Posts
With 23x10.5-12 Carlisle Super Lugs on mine, the chains are very close to the drive motor. I'm not sure if there's any difference in the spacing betweeen a 220 and a 3018, though.

·
Tractorhead
270 Posts
BOTTLEDZ28 - First of all it depends on what you currently use or plan on using your tractor for. Do we assume you want to replace the "turf tires" that are on your tractor if that's what you indeed have? If so there are a lot of places on the Internet that sell Garden Tractor Tires - M.E. Miller Tire for one (one of the sponsors of this forum). There is Tires Unlimited and you can also purchase LGT turf tires from Big O Tires and any Goodyear Tire Store as well - Carlisle Tire bought out the Goodyear Ag tire division and they have LGT tires both Ag (bar tires) and turf in the Carlisle brand. In addition, some companies as listed above and some independents also sell LGT turf and Ag (bar tires) tires on eBay. I've purchased several turf tires for some of my tractors from the Mercantile Store a town and country store. If you have anything like a Tractor Supply close to where you live then that's an additional alternative.

What is the widest tires I could get away with on my tractor and still be able to use my chains?
That can be a tricky question. Each tire manufacture have their own idea of what the size of say a 23x850-12 and/or a 23x1050-12 it also comes down to tire design/tread pattern as well sometimes the width can vary and sometimes the height can vary depending on who made the tire you purchased. I've always been one to stay with the stock tire sizes to help keep the performance of my machines at theirs designed best and not go overboard with larger tires.

The rim offset plays the big roll here as far as chains are concerned. I believe you're only gonna be able to get 1050 wide tires anyway. Case didn't make wider rims than 8.5s for lower profile tractors. It depends on the rim size you currently have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts