My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 220 my steering went out the ball joint that connects the steering gears to i beleive what is call the drag link. the ball and socket got worn down and it just slips apart.

can anyone post a link where i can get a new one preferably on ebay

thanks

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Those are a common off-the-shelf item that is available at any decent place that specializes in bearings, seals, drive belts, pulleys, sprockets, chain, gear reductions and so forth. Even a local Deere dealer should have them. Just make sure whether you need left-hand thread or right-hand thread.

Also, we have an Ingersoll dealer on this forum by the name of bhildret. He'll sell you what you need and mail it to you.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Grainger p/n 6G183 is R.H. 6G215 is L.H. $17.10 each is slightly higher than factory.
McMaster Carr has several options with prices both lower and higher

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well heres the problem im not at home and i want to order the part and have it waiting for me so can anyone verify wether it is left or right hand threads

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
The R.H. units are used at rear of drag link (where it attaches to gear) and the right side of front tie rod.
The L.H. threads are required at front of drag link and left side of front tie rod.
My self, I`d order two of each and rebuild it all, the slop reduction will be worth the cost. JMO

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Dissasembly tip ( at least on my 446)
The rod end threaded stud mounted to your sector gear has a nut on "top" but ALSO threads into the gear itself. Does NOT just slip in/out like the other 3 that mount to the steering spindles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts