My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out the bracketry for a snow blade on a newer cub.. 90's modelish.I'm fairly sure everything is the same...except the way the lift rod hooks up. My Dad has a 1641 and I have a blade from my older 1811 that I am giving him. I would like to see some pictures of the lift bracket installed on one of the 90's model cubs. Some of you may have read the other post... but I appreciate all the help and pictures if you can share them.

Thanks, Nick

·
Banned
852 Posts
On the same side of the tractor look at the lift arm for the deck, there should be a hole just above the deck hanger pin. You may have to bend (to get around your front axle) or make up a new linkage to your blade.

Scott

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Still have the plow on the 1440 if you think that would help you out it would probably motivate me me to take it off sooner rather than later.

Edit OK just read your other post and see it's the lifting linkage you're interested in. I take it your father's lift is on the rear fender like most newer tractors? Our 1440 lifts from the middle right like most of the old tractors.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it lifts on the middle right as well. However it only has a black arrow to gauge mower height. I assume that this part comes off and is replaced with a bracket for the lift rod to tie into. If anyone has a picture to show how their tractor is setup that would be great. This tractor has the hydraulic lift as well.

Thanks again for the help.

Nick

·
Banned
852 Posts
You can also use a 1/2X1/2 spherical rod end on the tractor end of the link and then use your deck lift pin.

Use 1/2" round stock, thread both ends, use a 1/2 spherical on the tractor end and a 1/2X1/2 clevis at the blade end. Both ends and the round stock can be had at your local NAPA. I've done this for my 1872 and it is a superior link than the one you have now. As I said look for the hole in you deck lift lever first.

Scott

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will check it out. I know the design on my 1811 was weak. I didn't like the idea of it running along the outside of the tractor near the hood up to the lift. I didn't like the fact that it had 0 down pressure as well.

Do the SGT have down pressure on their blades? I could never find a blade for my 2072 around here. I found a rear mower for it once though... but passed it up thinking I would never need it. Then I saw one just like it sold on ebay and about fainted for passing up on the deal here locally.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Do the SGT have down pressure on their blades?
Limited down pressure, you rely on the weight of the blade. These are not bulldozers and you only have a 1/2" link controling the lift of the blade.

Scott

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't sure if they did. I thought they had a different linkage system on them. My bolens will lift the front end roughly 8-9 inches off the ground. But then again, I believe it was built in a different league of tractors. Not to offend anyone with a cub.. I really loved mine.. and love my 154 loboy. The HT23 was pitted against the bigger loboy, and IH 982 red SGT. I read a huge article on it.. and was blown away by the way bolens advertised it against the larger tractors like the loboy.. although the loboys were very underpowered in my opinion. But.. they sure have a cool little motor and drivetrain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts