My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son bought a JD 170 a couple weeks ago and it has worked great until the other day. He was mowing and lost tension on the deck blades. I think there are 2 springs on the deck but not here to look at right now. One is for tension on the pto and the other is for tension on the deck itself. There are no JD dealers close to us so I either need a part # for the spring or a discription of what it might be called. And maybe a place to buy it on the net. I would really appriciate it

·
the mad scientist
304 Posts
Deere part # S169M is the spring for the tensioner for the belt on the mower deck itself #15 in the picture and #46 is M71684 which is for the pto belt tensioner from the main engine stack pulley, hope this helps. I also show M73114 as an alternative for S169M. Greenfarmparts.com should have it or any other reputable website.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,946 Posts
Ru-oh! Looking at JD Parts, Spring #15 has two options:

15 S169M Extension Spring 1 - XXXXXX USED WITH FLAT STRAP
M73114 Extension Spring 1 XXXXXX -

One used with a flat strap and one that isn't... Not exactly sure what they mean by "flat strap" so if THAT'S the one that's broken, you might have a problem deciding which one it is...

Edit - you know, I wonder if this refers to the two slightly different variants of mower I've noticed, one where the grab handle on the LH top of the deck is made out of flat stock, and the other where its made out of round stock...

The other spring, #46, is PN M71684...

Whoops, I see Deerguy00 beat me to the part numbers! :thThumbsU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts