My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on a lawn mower for a friend and it has me stumped. Its a honda harmony hrb 215. he problem is it starts right up, but unless the throttle is set to full power, it stalls right out. I checked the spark plug and its in good shape. The gasoline is fresh and I cleaned the carburator but no luck. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

:thanku:

·
15,000 +posts!
20,460 Posts
Newer carbs ,especially those with electric fuel solenoids and no adjustments,are very fussy about cleanliness,the slightest bit of gum,dirt,or varnish and they refuse to run right..if your sure its 100% clean and that fuel shutoff solenoid is working correctly,I can think of only one or two other reason it won run at speeds lower than full throttle..one is the govenor might be out of adjustment or the carb linkage isn't hooked up correctly..the other is a vacuum leak..

See if you can make it idle by "choking" it some, by covering the carb inlet with your hand with the air filter off,or closing the choke manually if you can..if that makes it keep running,you may have a vaccum leak,air is getting in after the carb somewhere,through a gasket that is not sealing,or a crack in the intake manifold maybe..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert, I will try that.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Son of a gun, it worked! I choked off the carb and it kept running! Now I just have to find the leak. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts