My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i am new here and could use some help on a 2510 tractor engine.
I am pulling the crankshaft out after my friends son spun some bearings and cant tell where to put gear marks to set timing up.The 2 balance shafts have a mark and inj pump has marks also cam but crank dont have one?
Do anyone know what position to put them in or where i can get this info.
The engine tag has 53RA on it and is a 4 cyl diesel.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The crankshaft goes to #1 TDC. You can set this by using a timing pin in the flywheel. On the left side of the flywheel housing there should be a bolt holding a tin plate over a hole. The bolt probably has a long stem protruding from the head of the bolt. Remove the bolt and plate. Turn the bolt around and stick the long stem into the threaded hole. Push in on the bolt while rotating the flywheel. The pin will drop into a hole in the flyheel when it reaches top dead center. With the crank in proper position, align the camshaft timing mark to aim at canter of crankshaft/ If you lay a straight edge across the cam and crank through the center of each gear, make sure the timing mark is aimed directly at center of crank. The balancer shafts use the same procedure. Aim timing marks straight to center of crankshaft. Just install the idler gears and oil pump gear to hold gears inline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crankshaft goes to #1 TDC. You can set this by using a timing pin in the flywheel. On the left side of the flywheel housing there should be a bolt holding a tin plate over a hole. The bolt probably has a long stem protruding from the head of the bolt. Remove the bolt and plate. Turn the bolt around and stick the long stem into the threaded hole. Push in on the bolt while rotating the flywheel. The pin will drop into a hole in the flyheel when it reaches top dead center. With the crank in proper position, align the camshaft timing mark to aim at canter of crankshaft/ If you lay a straight edge across the cam and crank through the center of each gear, make sure the timing mark is aimed directly at center of crank. The balancer shafts use the same procedure. Aim timing marks straight to center of crankshaft. Just install the idler gears and oil pump gear to hold gears inline.
Thanks much jd110 and for the inj pump can i just mark it then remove it?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
There were two different pumps available on the 2510. Both were RoosaMasters but they were totally different. The "DB" style pump has a timing "window". Thw window iss held in place with two screws on the side of the pump. You remove the window and timing marks are visible in the opening. When #1 cylinder is on TDC, the two marks are in line. You remove the pump in this position and install it the same way.
The "CB" style pump is smaller and has a timing pin. On the top of the pump is a screw with a stud sticking out. remove the screw and stick the stud down into the hole. When pump is at TDC, the stud will fall into a dimple in the pump shaft. Position the shaft like this when installing the pump while crankshaft is on #1 TDC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were two different pumps available on the 2510. Both were RoosaMasters but they were totally different. The "DB" style pump has a timing "window". Thw window iss held in place with two screws on the side of the pump. You remove the window and timing marks are visible in the opening. When #1 cylinder is on TDC, the two marks are in line. You remove the pump in this position and install it the same way.
The "CB" style pump is smaller and has a timing pin. On the top of the pump is a screw with a stud sticking out. remove the screw and stick the stud down into the hole. When pump is at TDC, the stud will fall into a dimple in the pump shaft. Position the shaft like this when installing the pump while crankshaft is on #1 TDC.
:thanku:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts