My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, Happy to find this forum!
I have a Broadmoor, not sure of the year but it's probably 1990's. Dropped a new 15.5 HP Briggs in it last year and now I'm having some electrical problems. Unfortunately I cannot tell the exact model # of the tractor since when I put the new engine in I had to remove a bit of the frame where the model # was to accomodate the oil filter. Dumb mistake that I didn't keep or write the model# info down!
In my working on it the wires came off of the ignition (key) switch and I don't know which wires go to which tabs! The only one that is still on there is the red wire going onto the tab marked with an "S"
The other tabs, there are 5 others, are marked M, L, B, and G. I know what the letters stand for thanks to simpletractors.com, but I don't know which of my wires goes to which tab as I cannot trace the wires to were they end up! The wires I have to choose from that came off of the switch are: Blue/White Stripe, Purple/White Stripe, Black, and Red/Black Stripe.
Can anyone tell me by the colors which wire goes to which tab on the starter switch?
Many thanks if you can, you'll save me some $$!
Greg Whitaker

·
Registered
368 Posts
See if this might help. I've used it on tractors that have torn out wiring, and it's correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
you would need to figure out where each wire color ends up, and it might take a bit of tracing. I just built my own wiring harness and it worked all right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts