My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build a sleeve hitch for my Allis B1. Would anyone have a decent picture or drawing of what was used originally on these for a hitch? I want it to look reasonably close to original so figure I will start with a picture

·
Registered
171 Posts
Gday
i got a simp 7013s and i had to make 1 it was to hard to get 1 here in aus $200.
i made it from the info i find on the net and some help from some people here and another site.Pm me if u want the pics i used?
heres some pics the bottom 1 i had made they forgot the hole for the chain so i put that tag on it

cheers

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I'm a bit confused... looks like you have pictures of a sleeve hitch in your original post. What are you trying to accomplish? It looks like you have the best hitch there for using the moldboard plow. The newer hitch allows the plow to flop too much in transport mode. If you tighten it up to where it won't flop about then it wants to steer the tractor when it is in the ground . I use the late model sleeve hitch only on implements I wish to be rigid such as discs and grader blades. Well, gee I thought I had photos of the late model hitch but cant find. Looks a lot like Scummys but has rod going from lift lever to single point for lifting. The first photo is of the old style sleeve hitch on my grader box. It was not a good match as the grader skipped all over the place rather than cut in. Attaching to the rigid hitch solved the problem

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I am sorry, my computer some how failed to show the original post and it looked like post #2 was the original. That is why my post above is quite bizarre.

the original sleeve was 5/8" ID x approximately 4" long with one inch sticking out the bottom and 2 inches sticking out the top. but check your attachments and see if they are the old type or the newer variety with the narrower hitch bracket. If it is the newer type the sleeve will need to be 5/8" ID x 3.375" length with 1" sticking out bottom and 1.375' sticking out top.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I think I can get something built that looks fairly close to an original now. As far as what style mine is I am not sure, they do fit my massey sleeve hitch and it is a 1968 so I am going to guess I have the old style?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gday
i got a simp 7013s and i had to make 1 it was to hard to get 1 here in aus $200.
i made it from the info i find on the net and some help from some people here and another site.Pm me if u want the pics i used?
heres some pics the bottom 1 i had made they forgot the hole for the chain so i put that tag on it

nice job!:thThumbsU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts