My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new at this and don't know how this really works so any help would be welcome. OK I just got a nice wheel horse 518 H and am trying to locate a service manual for it Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, L [email protected]

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Which of these is your long model number?
31-18OE01, 518-H Garden Tractor, 1988
31-18OE02, 518-H Garden Tractor, 1989
E1-18OE01, 518-HE Automatic Garden Tractor, 1988
E1-18OE02, 518-H Garden Tractor, 1989
R1-18OE01, 518-H Garden Tractor, 1990
R1-18OE02, 518-H Garden Tractor, 1990
Go to https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm
and enter the long model number and type none in the serial # box. (O=Onan=letter, 0=zero). Not all are available for download but you can order those.

You can get to the illustrated parts lists here
http://www.partstree.com/parts/
Put Toro in the 2nd box and 518-H in the 3rd box. Select your model from the results.

Garry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Garry is right... I have the same tractor and got the manual from there. I have the same machine and did it for myself. You can print it out but there are many pages, as well as wiring diagrams, and other service type items.

Tell us a bit about your new toy... what attachments did you get with it, what's its condition, etc. As always, pictures are always cool too!

c.j.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gary and CJ, Thanks for the help in locatiing service manual for my 518H. Just used it last night to cut the grass and working OK but still working out the bugs. Got a problem when I engage the deck with the lever, it start turning then engine cuts out at full throw of the lever. Looked inside and see two micro switch the open when lever all way down and any body know whare to get deck parts like spindles and nuts for blads exc;?? have already tried E Bay but just looking to buy out right with no bid. any help with this?, haven't had achance to look at the wire schedmatic yet. but who dose it run great and I love the hydro. I'll get some pix soon as I an but going fishing this week end so no time. Thanks again guy's. L Monterulo

·
Registered
34 Posts
First off, welcome to MTF. I am also a new member. I just purchased a 520 H and it did the same thing when I started working on it. When the PTO was engaged, it tried to shut off the engine. My manual states to check the seat switch. I believe it was in the operating and instruction manual. This is a thin manual with the basics about operating the tractor. I got the manual with the tractor, but I think you can download it. I can't remember which section it was in, but I think it was in the section on operating the PTO.

D.L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts