My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a picture of a gt600, specifically a couple of the electric clutch area, any help is appreciated. i bought tractor in pieces so not sure how it all goes together thought a picture would help. my tractor has a briggs opposed twin.

heres a picture of my tractor

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Try reading page 58 of this tech manual, it all about the electric clutch. When you click on the link give it time to load. It`s a PDF file if I was you I`d save this, it has everything you ever wanted to know about the tractor. This is the same manual that the sears tech used. Lot of good information there for you to read, very good trouble shooting guide.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/reference/AY_ BOOK_1.pdf

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a great link will be helpful for sure but i didn't see a good picture of the clutch attachment that will help.

if anyone could take a picture that would be helpful

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
if you have the SN or Part number for the tractor, go to searspartsdirect.com and enter it there. they usually have a good deal of manuals and wiring diagrams there.
-GT_80

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Nice machine BTW

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have looked at the manual but no real help. i have most of the parts but i am guessing the clutch assembly must bolt on somehow otherwise the wires would get spun till they break, this is what i need a picture of. how does the clutch secure

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
somebody has to have a similar tractor they could take a picture of this stuff on their tractor. this tractor was tore apart when i got it so i never saw this part complete

heres a picture of what i got. i know the bolt isn't right it came off a different tractor

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you can wait until tomorrow night I'll grab the pictures you need. I have the exact tractor you have there. Do you just want pictures of the electric PTO?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any pictures you can take I am sure would be helpful. I am pretty sure the mount in my picture goes with it but not sure how. This isn't the original motor its a replacement. Unfortunatly previous owner removed the original motor and a lot of stuff is missing.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
I have the picture you need, but it is on my PC in Texas, and I am in Chicago till Saturday. This is on a Ctaftsman II Opposed twin side shaft, but if you imigane the engine vertical, the clutch mounts the same. There needs to be a brace across the frame (like the black bar top of clutch) that prevents the clutch housing (green part) from spinning. It does need about 1/8 of play, you don't want to bind it up. Look on your clutch housing for a worn spot where the brace was contacting it. may give a clue as to the orientation of the brace. make sure there is at least 1/8" of play (housing can move back and forth 1/8". The Clutch has a spacer between it and the engine, and the center bolt is the only bolt that attaches the clutch to the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
I didnt forget about you, our computer with the photo program had some issues. If you need any different shots, lemme know.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i think i figured it out but am missing several parts which is why i was haveing problems

thanks for all you guys help, i'll keep ya updated:thanku:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts