My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a call out in case I can't find them. Inherited a tractor when my dad passed away, never had the mower deck on, always used with the snowblower and stayed set up like that all summer. It is a Craftsman model #944.608450 Special Edition 19.5 h.p. 42"EZ3 6 speed transaxle. It was purchased Dec.31, 1998. I went to put the deck on and discovered it is missing two of the mower deck lift arms. I scanned the pic from the parts breakdown. They are item 19 described as "Arm Suspension Rear" part #139868. I either need the arms or the dimensions if anyone has this tractor, so I can make them if need be.
I also have the hard bag (looks like square plastic garbage cans) collection system for this. Anyone have pics or a manual, so I can see how it goes together and if I have all the parts for it. Sears couldn't help me.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
The suspension arms shouldn't be too hard to find... I think they were pretty common across a bunch of models - at least in that time frame. As and example, a '97 craftsman 917.25250 and a '98 "weedeater" branded model I have use the same part.

Does the hardbag system look like the one here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Craftsman-Ridin...ms=66:2|65:7|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

If so, real easy to assemble. And, off the top of my head, you should have a mouting bracket, large pivot pin (with locking pin) that mounts steel frame assembly to bracket, two (or three?) 2-piece bins, and 2 hose/duct sections.

* edit * Call or email Harolds Small Engine (http://www.haraldonline.com/home.htm), which quickly became a favorite resource of mine... they appear to have some suspension arms in stock but you'll need to ask for price and shipping costs... see thier website for contact info.

J

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot jwcva:thThumbsU That looks just like the collection system I have. Judging by what you say and what I can see in the pic, I think I have all the parts needed. If anything might just be missing some of the small fasteners, but I'll rig something up.
I called Sears today and was pleasantly suprised. Almost. The company that tries to charge $65.00 for a simple belt only wanted $15.00 a piece for the lift arms. So I ordered them. Not worth my time to make them for that price. Only problem is they only have one at the wharehouse and no date of when I'll get the other, but they said they can get it. Luckily I have another tractor so I won't be without. If I get stuck though I'll try Harold's.

Thanks again:fing32:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Glad I could help :) BTW, Harolds sent me an email - because they saw I inquired on the part number - and stated they had them for $10.99. I find shipping with them is usually pretty cheap. Just FYI in case you want them both now and if sears is charging a buttload for shipping....

J

·
Registered
129 Posts
Paystar,

Are the arms perhaps tucked up inside tractor frame? When I put my snowblower on I don't remove them but adjust the height to zero and pull back on the deck lever. The arms go all the way up into the tractor frame and are not visible.

Runningbare

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Runningbare, I did check that, I looked all over the tractor and deck and bagger parts thinking, like you say, they might have tucked them up or in somewhere. Good you thought of it though in case I didn't do it! I went back to the house and went through all my dad's sheds but found nothing.
I'll keep that in mind Jwcva in case Sears doesn't come up with the second one. I'll give them a shot first though since it will be sent to the local store here and it is in Canadian funds, so I don't have to worry about exchange. But if they don't have two by the end of the month I'll call Harolds.

Thank you all.:fing32:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts