My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a Briggs link that will show the specs of the every engine in the old days, as in , pre-90's or even pre-80's..... to the early years. I have lost the one I had access to, due to crash of a previous laptop. And I can't find where I put the paper hard copy I made of it, due to brain failure.:dunno:

In particular, I am interested in finding the difference between a mid 60's 14xxxx engine and a 19xxxx engine. By that, I mean, physical differences, such as crank dimensions, i.e., height from base, diameter of crank, etc., dimensions of height and width of engine, itself......as I'm trying to decide if a model 19 will fit in a Bolens 600 frame, which normally had a model 14 set up. I think it will, but since I don't have the model 19 in my possession, I'm trying determine this before I get it in my possession.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,719 Posts
Try the A.S.E.C.C.com website,,(Antique Small Engine Collectors Club,google that and you'll find it..)..that sight might have at least some of the info your in need of..

I'm not 100% sure,but I have an old cast iron model 14 and I think its somewhat shorter in height than the cast iron 19 models,but you still may have enough room under the hood to sneak one in your tractor...the aluminum block model 14 and 19 are very close in dimensions to each other--..

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try the A.S.E.C.C.com website,,(Antique Small Engine Collectors Club,google that and you'll find it..)..that sight might have at least some of the info your in need of..

I'm not 100% sure,but I have an old cast iron model 14 and I think its somewhat shorter in height than the cast iron 19 models,but you still may have enough room under the hood to sneak one in your tractor...the aluminum block model 14 and 19 are very close in dimensions to each other--..
Yes,I was actually looking at an old post I did in Small Engines forum, where I was (still am) looking for a 143307. I looked at a model 19 yesterday, and it looked so much bigger than I remember the 143307 was. But I have a 1972-ish 8hp setting in the Bolens 600, now, so I guess the model 19 would work, too. I would still entertain the direct replacement of the 143xxx engine as a more preferred engine replacement. I would like to do a "factory new" restore on it. But the model 19 would suffice if I can get it. It is close enough and has the S/G pulley and rope start cup set up on it, but is missing the tank, and S/G unit. But it is NOS, too, so that makes it nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts