My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fit a 48” plow to my GX345. Found a used plow, but need to add the lift attachment to my GX.
Called local dealer, said they can’t get them anymore, didn’t see any on eBay either. Found a website that says they can get aftermarket kits. Does anyone know of a source for JD, or if the aftermarket ones are any good?
Part BM20781

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that statement to mean they don’t have it either and would have to search for it. Could be a last resort, but I really want to see a place that says they have one on hand.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Reading this thread reminds me how Sears have stop making or having parts for anything over three years old. I've probably have over $6.000.00 dollars in vintage electrical equipment and not one parts can be found to make them running again. Appears this goes also with John Deere on any lawn or garden tractor over ten years old...parts are "no longer available" which make it a "throw away society" now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never noticed this site while searching for parts. Very unusual business model. They don’t sell directly to the consumer. Have to go a dealer, have the dealer contact them and order the part, then I get the part from the dealer. No way of checking a price.
Has anyone used them before?

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
I work at a John Deere Dealer, we use them alot. Go to your nearest dealer and they can check on price for you. I'm not at work right now or I could check for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to get some other stuff from my dealer. I will ask if they use this place.
They didn’t offer to check, just said I was out of luck unless I could find a used one. Got me concerned because I already picked up a plow.

·
Super Moderator
13,179 Posts
If your dealer wants to help you it should be an easy process for them to look at inventory of that part like Jimbochap mentioned. To explain a little more, in some cases Deere doesn't want parts sitting on their books, so they sell the parts to places like "vintage parts" and ther places. Those businesses then hold the part and sell them back to Deere as a customer needs them. It is more expensive for the customer, but the customer can get his or her parts 15-50 years after a machine went out of production. Deere doesn't do that for all parts and I have yet to figure out what makes them do that on some parts and not others.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I bought a 40-inch JD shovel for my X390 and it was missing the wiring harness. My JD dealer said it was NLA and couldn't find it anywhere. I do not know if they went to this place to look but I called the original manufacturer and believe it or not they had one harness left over from the original production run and sold it to me! I sold a GX345 last Summer that came with the 48-inch blade and the subframe. It is a big heavy thing and shipping will be expensive. It weighed more than the blade did. I found a video on YouTube on how to install it on a GX. It is not a quick and easy install. If you find one make sure you get all the little pieces that come with it. I found out that the whole system was about $1500 new.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I had my dealer do search for NLA parts and he found another dealer that had what I wanted in stock. I had to call that dealer and have them ship me the parts. They would not do a dealer to dealer sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update
I was scouring the inter web and found a JD dealer in AL that showed one in stock. Called them up and they said I was out of luck. But then he mentioned he perhaps could get one aftermarket so I ordered it.
Just arrived UPS, wow that was fast. Guess what, OEM, and the shipping list was this Vintage Parts place. Cost was less than displayed on JD website.
I am a happy camper

The plow and mounting assembly is also missing somethings (pins, springs, locking bracket,etc) and I assumed those would be hard to locate, but surprisingly they have most of it is stock? Plow assembly must still be in use in newer models.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I had to make the 5/8-inch front stabilizer bar that keeps the blade support from going side to side. No biggie but it too is listed as NLA. Maybe you can get one from Vintage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts