My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my friend has a old craftsman tractor model # 917.275684 , 24 hp two blade set-up deck tractor and wants the correct part # for a gator blade set-up. I can't find the 3 in 1 blade @ Jacks small engine's website.. Please help.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Does the mandrill have a "star" pattern where the blade bolts on to it?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
TeraByte,

Try this web site:

http://www.oregonchain.com/OEP/oep_blades.htm

It's the Oregon web site that has three lists, one for size, one for OEM and one for universal. It would help if you had the OEM part number. Most of the blades have the OEM part number if they're originals. For Craftsman, look under the AYP listings.

The correct Gator number should be 96-900. You can get it at Jacks Small Engines for around $13.00 each or $26 for the pair plus $7.50 or so shipping or Agri Supply for $10 each or $20 for the pair with about $10 shipping. The Ebay blades will cost you about $35 for the pair with shipping.

Runningbare

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
according to the original blades # 138971 , the gator blade 3 in 1 blade part # would be 96-900. can someone confirm.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Hey Grapeknutz, can you give me that sears part #? That link isn't opening up on my system, gives me an internal server error. I have an LTX1000 with the 42 inch deck and have been considering a set of gator blades.

Thanks,

Seth K. Pyle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts