My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, im in the market for a new cutter. Something in not to light but can cut 1.5-2" saplings. At this point in time who is making a better cutter? Woods, bush hog, or land pride. I know Bush hog has been sold, woods had some issues with gear boxes etc but may be ok now. Any thoughts?

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a Rhino 172 and am quite pleased with it. Looked at several brands and decided to go with a clutch and bigger gear box, so that eliminated to "box store" brands. My finalists were the Land Pride 2072 / 1872, Bush Hog SQ172, Woods BB72X, and Rhino 172. All but Woods had a 10 gauge deck, woods had 11 gauge. All had either 65 or 75 hp ratings on the gearbox, and 1.5 or 2 inch cut capacity. Finally came down to price on the Rhino, got it for $1850 with the others ranging from $2200 to $2500.
The thing that made me stop looking at the "box store" brands was the fact that they all had a 40 hp gearbox rating and were recomended for a 25 to 50 hp tractor. The brands listed above at least had a hp rating above the recomended tractor size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts