My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need some help with an old bulldozer. I'm searching for the front idler wheel shaft. I am helping out the owner of this machine, my 88 year old uncle. Unfortunately he couldn't tell me where the serial number on the machine was, and I only know it's a D6B. If anyone here would be kind enough to tell me where to find a serial number for this thing, or give me a similar serial number, that would be amazing and I would be extremely grateful. I'm pretty good at finding cycle parts and car parts on the internet, but this bulldozer thing is way different. Any help is greatly appreciated, please see the photos.

Attachments

·
10,839 Posts
Does he need the track tension piston, or does he need the yoke that holds the idler wheel also?
Try 44A4444 for a serial number. That would roughly an early to mid-60’s model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The idler wheel rubs against the back of the part that wraps around (can i assume thats the yoke?). My uncle said its a shaft that wears out, but he's 88 and has owned it since 1970, so he's a bit unclear on some details. I'll try that serial number, thank you!!!!

·
10,839 Posts
Unless the yoke or the wheel was switched out for an incorrect one, the only reason they would rub up against each other is the hub of the idler wheel is destroyed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless the yoke or the wheel was switched out for an incorrect one, the only reason they would rub up against each other is the hub of the idler wheel is destroyed.
So do we have to replace the entire idler wheel assembly? Or can we just replace the hub?
Thanks again.

·
10,839 Posts
If the hub is worn out or cracked then you have to replace the entire idler wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts