My Tractor Forum banner

Need help with Toro carb indentification

193 Views 15 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  charles g
Hello everyone. I have a 2011 Toro 22 inch Recycler push mower. The EPA family name is BCGPS 1591PA. I THINK it’s old enough to be a Kohler, but I am not 100% sure. If you know if they were Kohlers or Briggs in 2011 please let me know. But the trouble I’m having is finding the exact correct carburetor on eBay or Amazon. I am looking for something at least $25 dollars to ensure quality. No price limit really. If anyone can find it on a website like eBay or Amazon I would appreciate it, or if anyone knows of a place in central Wisconsin that might have one I would like to know. Thanks for your time.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Nut Machine

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Bumper

Walk-behind mower Lawn mower Motor vehicle Automotive tire Mower

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs Rim
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Looks like a briggs to me.
What are the numbers on the engine?
The holes and patterns are not exactly the same unfortunately; I also found ones like these on the internet. Is this specific differentiation in pattern a big deal?
It is 159cc and produces 7.0 foot pounds of net torque. Are those the numbers you needed?
What are the numbers on the engine?
The engine numbers needed should be on the metel enginr cover. They are likely stmped into the metal. You would need to remove the plastic cover to see them. Likely by the spark plug.
Its actually a kohler engine.
The problem with that carburetor is that the 2 holes are different. I edited the pictures below so you can see what I mean. On my Toro, they are the same size or the lower one is bigger. On that carburetor and many others I found online, the upper hole is noticeably larger…

Product Font Machine Auto part Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Gas Nut Auto part Machine
Its actually a kohler engine.
Here are 3 more numbers and what I’ve removed thus far…

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Automotive tire Gas Font Tints and shades Cylinder

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
you need to use the toro model number off the mower, go into the toro website Parts | Toro input it and from there the serial number to be correct as the engine family name LC1P65FA in your first photo is loncin

the website will break down which motor for sure, if it is a loncin were toro will sell the motor parts directly, a briggs or a kohler they refer to the engine maker
I tried LC1P65FA and some of the other numbers as well, but none worked on the website.
on the mower deck is a decal with a 5 digit MODEL number and the machine serial in your case it should begin with a 2 ???? use that number only than when they ask go by the serial number
the numbers on the engine DO NOT help
ok, thanks for the info. I’ll check it out tonight.
on the mower deck is a decal with a 5 digit MODEL number and the machine serial in your case it should begin with a 2 ???? use that number only than when they ask go by the serial number
the numbers on the engine DO NOT help
logan has been pointed to where the proper ID decal is on the right rear of the mower deck by the catcher door and right rear wheel, turns out his machine is model number is 20372 and the serial number is 3120?????, the motor is a toro/ loncin , the carb part number is a 121-4181
1 - 16 of 16 Posts