My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MTF Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a few of these at a sale and need to use one on Powerking Jim Dandy with kohler 14 hp. Was told their for Kawasaki 20+ hp engines. Can anyone verify connections for AC in and B+ out? I know the case needs to be grounded for B-. My best guess is Left = AC in, Center = B+ out, Right = AC in. Thanks in advance. I hate letting the smoke out of anything electronic.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I am looking in the owners manual that came with my FH541V. The wiring diagram shows that the LH terminal is 12V to the batt. The center and RH terminals are from the alternator.

Since the LH and center terminals are barred together your proposed wiring would work the same. The Kawi alternator wires are terminated into a side by side female plastic insulator so that is why they show the wiring the way they do.

The truth is that you have the regulator shown upside down :)

Edit - here is the manual so you can check out the specs and wiring diagram yourself. They list the stator output as 28 VAC at 3000 rpm so you can check the Kohler and see what it has.

http://www.parish-supply.com/pdf/Kawasaki-FH541V-Service-Manual.pdf

·
MTF Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RayJay, Your information and the link to the manual convinced me. Now I can get the Jim Dandy back to charging.:thanku:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts